Me little dog turned sickly

eggsarascal

I know how you feel, Eggs. We've lost so many pets over the years.

Almost as bad, however, was an old couple in Goring who hung on to their dog for too long.

It was deaf and blind, and wearing a nappy. It could barely walk it got into the garden while we were there and kept walking into our equipment and pots that we had moved.

Really awful to witness. They came out and retrieved it, full of apologies and a little bit ashamed.

All the best - enjoy your remaing time together.

Our cocker, now sadly departed, was weeing (or trying to) all the time, day and night, we went through all the rigmarole of urinary infection stuff, then an échographie which seemed to show either polyps or cancer.

We were having to confront the prospect of an operation.

My wife went on the internet and googled about, she then changed the dogs diet to an all wet food one(you know pedigree chum canned stuff, no dry food)

There was an immediate recovery, I mean within hours, she then lived on for a few more years.

As she got older (she was 9 at the time) her kidneys weren't coping with the dry food.

The vets never spotted it at all.

Might not be relevant but you never know.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Feel for you Eggs we had exactly the same with our springer a few years ago she was nearly 14 nothing we could do but as Mick says i have heard that dry food can cause a problem make the most of it for the last bit of time you got

Sorry to hear this, Eggs, but you know this is the downside of pets.

It's a small consolation when the time comes, but you know that you've given them a good life, the love and affection they crave and finally a pain free end without suffering.

Try to enjoy the time that you've got left together

All the best

Gary

Sorry to hear this, Eggs, but you know this is the downside of pets.

It's a small consolation when the time comes, but you know that you've given them a good life, the love and affection they crave and finally a pain free end without suffering.

Try to enjoy the time that you've got left together

All the best

Gary

Spot on. Hope you're ok, Eggs.

• 2 months later...