Business grants

jjll

As you say nailer.

You looked at your wife and child. Had an ice cream in the park.

You've not lost anything that can't be replaced with hard work.

And in the grand scheme of thing you're already rich.

Might be worth a little trip

Round the guys office though?

Good luck mate

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd try getting on to your banks fraud department especially if they said it looked ok and see if anything can be done about drawing the funds back or claiming off the bank it was transferred to as affectivly they have also committed a crime allowing someone to open an account in a I presume false name and use it for the purposes of fraud.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Unfortunately the money will be long gone and you won't get it back as you willingly put it into an account. The scammers will have opened an account where you were both signaturories (which might sound logical if you could both check you had put the money in). Both parties could withdraw the full funds. The problem is of course they set up the account and of course already had the cards and log in details - as soon as your money is in the account they transfer to an non EU account and gone - Probably into another false account in another country. Unfortunately the crucial part of the case is you transfered the funds yourself, they didn't take your details, steal your card, access you account without permission.

Painful lesson to learn but what doesn't kill you makes you strong and all that.

Not that it makes its any easier to swallow but Facebook and Google got scammed out of £75 million each recently by some Lithuanian guy.

The scammers and their 'art' is tried and tested over two decades now. Gone are the days of randm emails from an African prince needs your help to transfer €100 million dollars. It's all about very subtle, highly believable items like this.

I believe with Facebook it was as easy as emailing the account managers posing as one of their suppliers and advising they had set up a new account and for all payments to go into that forthwith. Without question they did and invoice of £75m were paid before anyone twigged.

I really do feel sorry for you, with this whole thing. But at the same time next to everyone on the thread said it was a bad idea, and you went ahead anyway. So if there is anything to learn from this experience, is that it is very important to listen to others (especially when many of them likely, made the same mistake as you in the past).

Tree men are defiant and stubborn gits, ignorant even. Nicks no exception, I can personally vouch for that. But those same attributes we quite often use to our advantage each week. Whether that be lifting logs that are too heavy, working in rain, wind, sleet and snow....we often draw upon our inherent stubborness to get us through. So this deal backfired, but nobody died or went bankrupt. Nick will bounce back. In the grand scheme of his life and achievements, it's a hiccup. Nick, you silly (rhimes with hunt).

In the great scheme of things , you made a small mistake.

My boss bought a wind turbine , paid in advance , turbine was never built ,and ended up paying for two to get one.

Probably £600k.

That wasn't the end of it.

Whilst worrying about that he then filled the sprayer with Roundup instead of insecticide and spraying 60,000 maiden fruit and ornamental trees with it.

The results on the trees , and him were devastating.

We all make mistakes , some are hardly worth worrying about...

sent from my phone but never in work time.