Business grants

jjll

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Business Grants Advisory Group Limited : Dissolved

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1492183373.411632.jpg.518c8131029f2beb508b82ac8c748302.jpg

These are the closest names to "Business Grants" I could find.

A lot of these types form a company, dissolve it when they have ripped off enough people, then form a new company with a slightly different name ...

As MICK says you have been warned ! 😮😮😮💳💳💳🤡🤡🤡👹👹👹💷💷💷⛔️⛔️⛔️

That's a very strange kind of grant setup, if that's what it is. Up here in Scotland the only ones handling grants are public bodies like Business Gateway and Scottish Enterprise. If you were successful in getting a grant from them it would be a percentage of the overall expenditure and paid retrospectively to your bank account when you had sent them the invoice. It would also only pay out for specific items which were mentioned in the grant application form and approved by them.

This really smells fishy and I would avoid it.

Don't say you haven't been warned!

That sounds a lot like the Southern shandy drinkers equivalent - LEADER (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rural-development-programme-for-england-leader-funding) which (IMHO) is more bloody hassle than it's worth principally, and as you highlight, you have to buy the kit then reclaim in retrospect which kind of suggests if you can buy it, you never really needed the grant! I've started the process a couple of times over the preceding years and both times I've blown it off as an overly burdensome administrative hassle and just bought the kit I was interested in.

Others may differ, but I am of the view that the system is "designed" ballachingly complex so as to (a) provide jobs for petty admin staff and (b) dissuade any purposeful usefulness of the system!

Free cash grants? Have a quiet word with yourself (OP), or kiss your money goodbye!

yep, sorry...we're talking about different things.

Ummmm, yes....

Here's a thought, and please don't take offence if I'm way off the mark (please DO if I am not) I wonder if YOU are actually fishing for a bite to see if there's anyone on Arbtalk mindnumbingly simple enough to fall for such a scheme....?

If yes, you've probably picked the wrong fishing pond because this one is full of miserable, grumpy, cynical, tight-fisted b'stards (I only judge by my own standard - not suggesting anyone else is as described above! (well, except a couple that I really do know are.))

I think, and excuse my bluntness, or not, as you like, either you are naive beyond belief and possibly deserve to separated from your money, or, you are part of a scheme that is trying to separate other poor fools from their money....

(1) There is no such thing as a free lunch.

(2) If it looks too good to be true it absolutely is.

(3) Pucker grant funding is a massive PITA.

YOU go figure!

I would consider a quick visit to my local Trading Standards dept at the Council and show them. They should be able to verify one way or the other.

Just because you cant see a catch...... thats how some of these scammers are successful.