Business grants

jjll

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks legit just going off the website and form.. all the links work correctly, lots of content with no spelling or grammatical errors. I applied online, took about 5 mins, just waiting to hear back. Keep you posted. I'm after two 7.5 tonnes and a chipper upgrade. Got a holiday in Greece I'm looking at too.

I've spoke to them on the phone and I'm still thinking it's legit. The holiday to Greece is off limits but everything else is ok. They put £21k on a MasterCard in my name and I have to add £9k (30%). I can check with MasterCard first, using my PIN, that their £21k (70%) is there before I need to add my bit. Only genuine business expenses allowed, which they check.

Is the money heading to a mastercard that IS yours or have they kindly set it up in your name? How much do you know about 'them'? Why do you have to add the £9k?

I would be hesitant if it is a new card they have set up.

You said you spoke to them on the phone - I can't recall ever getting money off someone other than my own bank without filling in loads of forms - you were obviously comfortable with their on-line forms.

Is there a scam hotline you can check?

Edited by Shane

Say goodbye to your 9k if you go through with this!

That's a very strange kind of grant setup, if that's what it is. Up here in Scotland the only ones handling grants are public bodies like Business Gateway and Scottish Enterprise. If you were successful in getting a grant from them it would be a percentage of the overall expenditure and paid retrospectively to your bank account when you had sent them the invoice. It would also only pay out for specific items which were mentioned in the grant application form and approved by them.

This really smells fishy and I would avoid it.

Don't say you haven't been warned!

I'm not saying this is definitely sound, just that so far I haven't spotted anything to suggest otherwise. I don't suppose any of you fellas saying it's a scam have anything in the way of evidence you could share? Just so we're talking about the same scheme here's what I'm looking at:

Business Grants - Government and private grants for all purposes, your grant, your way. Quick & Smart.

Say goodbye to your 9k if you go through with this!

You may even end up with additional debt from the mastercard that they have set up presumably in your name and therefore have all the details for.

If something seems to good to be true...

If it is free money let us know and we'll all have some...