Annoying Things Guys Do On Site

Haironyourchest

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any one is reading this thread and thinks that no body annoys them ...........then perhaps YOU are the annoying B%^&*£" rd on site but too dumb to realise it !!!!! ( said in jest ) although i find it annoying when some one fires up the chipper when the first twig hits the ground and is wearing radio ear muffs .... they just can not hear me swearing at them !!!

I got annoyed a few days ago when the young muscle on site forgot his respirator and goggles (borrowed from the boss). Kangoing plaster indoors, dust everywhere, poor lad was suffering....I had another respirator in the van but it was a chemical charcoal filter, not really for dust, though it does work. I was sore tempted to fetch it for him, but then I thought, nah, that was me a few years ago, and you learn wisdom through suffering, I'll keep shtum and he'll buy his own gear next day, and never have to suffer again - teach a man to fish and all that. Two days later, same deal - no respirator, still suffering. What can you do?

I got annoyed a few days ago when the young muscle on site forgot his respirator and goggles (borrowed from the boss). Kangoing plaster indoors, dust everywhere, poor lad was suffering....I had another respirator in the van but it was a chemical charcoal filter, not really for dust, though it does work. I was sore tempted to fetch it for him, but then I thought, nah, that was me a few years ago, and you learn wisdom through suffering, I'll keep shtum and he'll buy his own gear next day, and never have to suffer again - teach a man to fish and all that. Two days later, same deal - no respirator, still suffering. What can you do?

vVa323D.jpg

Some of my pet hates:

People who drop litter

People who don't pick up after there dog has dumped

People not putting anti sieze compound on bolts especially in harsh environment

People leaving tools at their ar5e when the job is over

PS

Good pic of the pink ppe I like that

When you are at the chipper and someone is coming towards you dragging branches...instead of putting them into the chipper or passing them over to you .....they drop the bundle at your feet???? Aaarrrrrrgghhhh!!!!!!! That really grinds my gears....

That happened twice to me today whilst we were chipping.

The second time I motioned for the culprit to pick up his armful of brash and put it thru himself.

Even then he loaded it in back to front. . (Sigh)

As long as the oil pump is still turning I cant see how it makes any difference . Letting it tick over is not cooling it down , its keeping it warm and wasting fuel . Do you leave your truck / car ticking over for a few mins when you get home ?

The Kubota engine manual (for a Forst TR6) mentions leaving it on tickover to cool down. I guess it needs water pumping through the rad for a while to cool down enough. Probably not a big deal right now as its winter.... but on hot days seems wise to leave it ticking over for a while....

cheers, steve

The lad that constantly reminds you what time it is (running up to break time).

Or the lad that exaggerates the time when asked, so I come down earlier than I needed to...

Yeah the guy who constantly bangs on about time really winds me up too. I'll get down and we will have a break when I want to not bang on 10:30 every day. It's even worse when you in an awkward position and you hear "Umm it's 10:25 are you going to be much longer?".