Reg on one handing a saw

stihlmadasever

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading through the article, I couldn't find a reference to top handle anywhere. I may be wrong here but I think Mark was talking about people one-handing ground saws! I have seen experience guys buck logs with a big saw with one hand, other hand holding their fag or scratching their nether regions or whatever. Could it be thats all he meant, and maybe that was the target audience?

In 22 years and one handing saws nearly 5 days a week I've never cut my self.... I've seen some dirty accidents though!I do use step cuts a lot though, I often find making 3-5 different step cuts on different close target branches and then putting the saw down and braking and chucking branches off with two hands systematically so you don't knock off one of the cut branches accidentally to be the most efficient and accurate for keeping them on target in a tight DZ ..also it makes keeping them all running in the same direction easier to keep the groundy happy, it's not really that hard to master especially with side to side cuts over horizontal in board out board steps.

Reading through the article, I couldn't find a reference to top handle anywhere. I may be wrong here but I think Mark was talking about people one-handing ground saws! I have seen experience guys buck logs with a big saw with one hand, other hand holding their fag or scratching their nether regions or whatever. Could it be thats all he meant, and maybe that was the target audience?

I don't think so, Treemagineers is aimed at climbers,

Quote "Treemagineers works in cooperation with practical tree workers, researchers and manufacturers to develop know-how and products that help facilitate safe and efficient work at height undertaken by the global tree climbing community, which in turn helps to ensure an improving care of trees."

I'd assume their blog is similarly aimed at climbers and the post related to one handed use of a top handle saw.

Reading through the article, I couldn't find a reference to top handle anywhere. I may be wrong here but I think Mark was talking about people one-handing ground saws!

That's what I thought and the picture at the end shows a back handle kick back warning

Not sure i can finish the video, started nodding off! Got a lot of respect for reg but that is a serious ramble

:thumbup1::laugh1: Me too I like his tree work videos but that was a bit of a ramble.

That is just terrible. Poor lad. Out of respect I'm not even going to speculate how he took one in the neck. Maybe a donation thread is in order.

Some good input on the one handling stuff. Seems like terrible timing now in light of what's just happened, whatever happened.

I did get called out on some specifics both privately and on youtube, so I made a second vid. Sorry, I know I go on a bit at times, but these vids aren't rehearsed. I do try to explain my justification for one handed use, and why Marks article got under my skin so much

https://youtu.be/2blUZo7PWHM