Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

I wonder if a pill might be developed, you know, sort if you take it. You find you never ever once again stress over the sexual orientation of others?....:thumbup1:

Thomas Aquinas n JP2 both came to the same conclusion about where the mystery of religion is embodied, between the sexes, opposite sexes.

Homosexuality's done the catholic's no favors, and an all male priesthood just compounds their problems, IMO.

Jomoco

So, saying that I dont believe in God means I wont listen to others opinions now?

Opps yes I forgot, the basis of many religions is to deny all others and try to convert them. Touché

Jomoco, really, where are you going with that nonsense!?

I'm not sure he has any idea Mesterh.

My brain waved the white flag many posts ago.:confused1:

Unlike your broad-minded self?

It is not narrow minded to point out the folly that is religion.

Religion is a belief structure that relies not on evidence but on faith.

Science is a belief structure that relies on continually challenged and updated evidence, subject to the rigorous scrutiny of hundreds of thousands of experts in their respective fields. What we presently believe might not be what is eventually proved to be correct, but at least we are seeking to understand our natural world as best we can, and in doing so, we continuously improve as a species.

Faith in religion is the precise opposite. We are denying progress, denying the evidence that supports the theories of how we and our world came to take the form that is does today. We deny the rights of just about every minority according to the tenets of religious doctrine and we resist every advancement in the modern world that challenges our antiquated and anti scientific world view.

To be continuously critical of a religious view point is not narrow minded. It honestly an effort to try to bring the religious person into the 21st century and try to impart an understanding of a scientific world view.

I believe that many people are religious as they are unable to reconcile the nature of human existence. It is short, pointless and for many, needlessly cruel. Acceptance of that fact won't necessarily make you any happier, but it will at least be realistic!

Why do you think god made gay people, my fellow christians with a small c?

They slithered outta eden like the rest of us.

Even atheist must have a theory about how they came to be, a random mutation or something?

I kinda think they were meant to be a thorn in our sides to remind us we're all flawed n mortal to varying degrees, though our destinations are the same.

I kinda think any Jesus'd cure them of their afflictions if he could?

Jomoco

Affliction? Are you for real?!

I guess the point I'm driving at is that women have historically always gotten the short end of the stick, to no gain, and to our own embarrassment, and further estrangement from any just and good higher entity.

Blame her, blame the snake

Anyone but me for heaven's sake

This is where Buddhism really shines with balance in life, yin n yang, moderation in all things.

I guess I'm tryin to make a case for science n higher entities not necessarily being mutually exclusive.

Balanced wheels get further, faster n smoother sorta thing.

Jomoco

It is not narrow minded to point out the folly that is religion.

Religion is a belief structure that relies not on evidence but on faith.

Science is a belief structure that relies on continually challenged and updated evidence, subject to the rigorous scrutiny of hundreds of thousands of experts in their respective fields. What we presently believe might not be what is eventually proved to be correct, but at least we are seeking to understand our natural world as best we can, and in doing so, we continuously improve as a species.

Faith in religion is the precise opposite. We are denying progress, denying the evidence that supports the theories of how we and our world came to take the form that is does today. We deny the rights of just about every minority according to the tenets of religious doctrine and we resist every advancement in the modern world that challenges our antiquated and anti scientific world view.

To be continuously critical of a religious view point is not narrow minded. It honestly an effort to try to bring the religious person into the 21st century and try to impart an understanding of a scientific world view.

I believe that many people are religious as they are unable to reconcile the nature of human existence. It is short, pointless and for many, needlessly cruel. Acceptance of that fact won't necessarily make you any happier, but it will at least be realistic!

Science and faith in a creator are not mutually exclusive. A great many scientists are also people of faith.