Lombardy Fell Incident

scotspine1

No not really. They're a AAAC therefore they are supposed to be working to a higher standard.

If they don't, it makes a mockery of the system and all other AAAC firms who could them think, 'why should I bother'.

I'm doing presisly that, I have been set on going AAAC for the last couple of years and pretty much ready to do it but when you see stuff like this you have to ask "does it really mean anything" or is it just another expensive accreditation thar keeps people in jobs!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

Think my new favourite phrase is " gone and done a bartletts " it will remain in the British tree workers vocabulary for years to come for when any one messes up a cut.

My lads went out on Friday 1st job was top and trim a conn hedge 2nd on the way back was to take the top out of a previously mullered lombardy, the phoned up and said" boss it's too windy for the pop we don't want to do a Bartletts " [emoji13]

I was surprised to learn that Company's under going the AAC assessment ,"ring in" more competent operatives from outside their company.

This in my opinion erases any credibility as its akin to me passing the theory test of my HVG and calling in an agency driver for the Practical assessment.

I'm doing presisly that, I have been set on going AAAC for the last couple of years and pretty much ready to do it but when you see stuff like this you have to ask "does it really mean anything" or is it just another expensive accreditation thar keeps people in jobs!

Same Ian, problem I see it as is the company and a carefully selected number of employees or subbies are actually accredited and in a bigger company a new member of staff can come in afterwards with little quality esurance and make a mockery of it all.

Way I see it something like the isa certified arborist scheme should get more recognition or be mandatary within the aaac for company's with over a certain number of staff that all staff reach a set standard as its far easier for lack of experience or skills to go unnoticed within a larger company where the owner can be less hands on.

Sent from my VF-795 using Arbtalk mobile app

I was surprised to learn that Company's under going the AAC assessment ,"ring in" more competent operatives from outside their company.

This in my opinion erases any credibility as its akin to me passing the theory test of my HVG and calling in an agency driver for the Practical assessment.

That's pretty much it Mike to be fair. I know of one firm who showed the assessor someone else's pruning work and a lot of firms subby in a climber with cs41!

It goes on... I've been sub contracted to two different companies to climb whilst they were having assessments carried out :)

I think the AA are stuck between a rock and a hard place, if they make it too hard no one wants to do it so the scheme is pointless, make it too easy and they get gripes like this. I think it is wrong however to be able to subby a climber in just for the assessment. Groundies maybe.....

That's pretty much it Mike to be fair. I know of one firm who showed the assessor someone else's pruning work and a lot of firms subby in a climber with cs41!

I know of many companies who've done exactly that and continue to do it for reassessments.

It's a total joke.

Every single operator I know, knows that this happens. Surely the AA are not so naive that they don't know this happens!?

I think the AA are stuck between a rock and a hard place, if they make it too hard no one wants to do it so the scheme is pointless, make it too easy and they get gripes like this. I think it is wrong however to be able to subby a climber in just for the assessment. Groundies maybe.....

It should be hard though,then gripes like mine wouldn't happen Tom.

Conceivably one entire crew could stand in for the day.How would the assessor know any different?

Did Bartletts have a blanket AAC rating or were each and every crew assessed?