Chinese Chainsaw air filter help

Lazurus

To be fair too the saw it does not look a particularly bad design or filter , I find any saw will let fine dust through no matter what , you can get HD kits for the stihls but in my experience of them they sap as much power as having a dirty filter and I've never seen a ms460 for example go pop either despite the fact they seem to suck in more dust than I've ever seen on a saw !

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just concerned the original was not best protecting the carb and if anything could be done to improve it. Spares not an issue just protecting my huge investment lol

Ah right, I understand, so how do you find the saw generally, they are seriously cheap and I expect milling is as hard on a saw as anything else so I take it you've had no problems regarding reliability? I was considering the Timberpro backpack blower.

Forget the filter, hack the intake to accept a flexible hose, the other end of which you then hang in a tree some distance away. Could put a sponge on the end of the hose if you wish. Thats what I'd do anyway. Or stick a large funnll into the intake and cover the wide end of the funnel with lady's tights.

Ah right, I understand, so how do you find the saw generally, they are seriously cheap and I expect milling is as hard on a saw as anything else so I take it you've had no problems regarding reliability? I was considering the Timberpro backpack blower.

So far can't fault it, build quality and materials are not Stihl, but neither was the price. Done a couple of fairly long days on the mill so far. Anyways with the two year warranty if anything serious does occur I will just send it back for repair or replacement, win win I see it.

Cheers,that was my thinking on the blower, I wouldn't be using it much, not enough to justify the cost of one of the main players.

30" mill and 20" saw for under £160 two year warranty it's a no brainier for a hobby or occasional mill user.:thumbup:

I have the 26cc blower/vac from timberpro and I only bought it because I wouldn't justify spending four times the cost for a Stihl blower,

My machine is well built and has enough power for clearing up the job site, the only problem I had was with a bit of gunk in the mesh filter of the carb which affected the power.

Twenty minutes later and it was sorted,well worth the money IMHO for the work it's seen and has already paid for itself