Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

I would say Starmer is making a great job of letting people know well in advance of what Labour intends to be like. He’s shot Labour right in the foot and handed the SNP a gift with his North Sea ban bollocks up here. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, roboted said:

BBC News - Using pig fat as green jet fuel will hurt planet, experts warn

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Animal by-products being used for aviation fuel could increase demand for palm oil, experts fear.

What now if you're a vegan ?

The headline literally says that pig fat will hurt the planet....

"What now if you're a vegan ?"- I guess not be happy with this idea? 

On 31/05/2023 at 08:58, Whoppa Choppa said:

Regardless of where they get built, I'd say we need an urgent rethink on the standard of new built homes. Even before seeing this I'd never be persuaded to buy a modern house.

This is worth a watch, for the comedy commentary alone.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, sime42 said:

Regardless of where they get built, I'd say we need an urgent rethink on the standard of new built homes. Even before seeing this I'd never be persuaded to buy a modern house.

This is worth a watch, for the comedy commentary alone.

Leave the retards who buy new builds alone! 

If they realised how retarded they are they’d compete with the likes of myself for stone build properties.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Leave the retards who buy new builds alone! 

If they realised how retarded they are they’d compete with the likes of myself for stone build properties.

You and me both mate! 

you have to buy old to get a view too. The ‘view’ from the other half’s friends new builds always makes me want to slit my wrists. Brick walls and purple fences 🤮 

Listed buildings might be restrictive in what you can do but why would you want to change them?? 

Old houses with a view- they don’t make them any more (literally). To be able to buy a small one for the same (or actually less!) than the equivalent sized new or mid 70s build estate Lego block seemed like a bargain to me. 

IMG_1973.jpeg

• Like 9

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Researchers say draconian measures taken in spring 2020 had 'negligible impact' on Covid...

I’d say the current ridiculously expensive covid enquiry instead of getting all worked up over people’s personal messages should maybe focusing on the damage caused by the approach taken. Study after study is coming to the same conclusion that the likes of Sweden and those who protested against the lockdowns were right and the majority of countries and people who backed such draconian measures were utterly wrong. A bitter pill to swallow but true nonetheless. 
Sky news was running this report this morning and unbelievably they quoted “ professor Neil Ferguson”  Mr lockdown modelling who apparently disagrees with its findings !!!!! No shit !! Obviously a history of  expensive and damaging failures going back years has done nothing to dent his confidence. The amount of guts it’s gonna take for someone in a position of power at that time to now stand up and say “ we messed up and took the wrong approach” is just not out there I’m afraid.

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1