Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Another Army Wank thinking they are all that. :/ We see plenty of you rejects trying to enter the real world with your false sense of entitlement and hugely inflated egos. Generally they all fail badly and are next to useless at everything yet bore everyone continually with BS Army stories. The Army does not exist to protect our sorry asses, its their to protect London and its interests but Pawns like you will never see this and are quite happy getting chewed up and spat out like the good little pawns you are.

Bit strong mate,your entitled to your opinion but dont make mistake of generalising.Some x forces guys are instilatutionalised and find it difficult to reintergrate back into society.

I served in overseas operations in the gulf,i saw it as a job and so did many of those around me.

Im proud of what i did as are my family.

Im no pawn,i didnt fight for any political reason,i did what i was paid to do.

I fought for my mates who stood beside me and they fought for me, as did the Iraqies who fought for what they thought was right.

Its difficult looking back on it now knowing what we know to justify that war but im proud of our professionalism in what was a very challenging situation.

Perhaps if your understood that you wouldnt form such an extreme opinion without experiencing such strong bonds and comradery yourself.

Edited by stihlmadasever

Why wouldn't you disband the armed forces?

I think the army is capable of doing some solid work, but I dont agree with alot of the stuff they do do.

Obviously historically there has been a huge need for war but i dont see a time when that kind of warfare is necessary, i also don't think its right to be swanning round the globe and getting involved in every little problem there is at the will of some protected politician, I also think that people recruited by the forces now cant be under too much illusion about the kind of tour there likely to get sent on, and to be fair there unlikely to be killed in a fight that i find justifiable.

Having said that i woukd keep the forces for defence and as a deterrent.i just wouldnt send them off to blow up poor people with out justification.

Another Army Wank thinking they are all that. :/ We see plenty of you rejects trying to enter the real world with your false sense of entitlement and hugely inflated egos. Generally they all fail badly and are next to useless at everything yet bore everyone continually with BS Army stories. The Army does not exist to protect our sorry asses, its their to protect London and its interests but Pawns like you will never see this and are quite happy getting chewed up and spat out like the good little pawns you are.

Calm down dear, you're going to do yourself a mischief. I can only assume that a squaddie has worked one into your wife, girlfriend, mother or maybe your boyfriend if that is your persuasion, in the past?

Interesting name, Trigger Andy. What are you an assassin or a tribute act to the road sweeper in Only fools and horses?

You clearly are completely naive about the role of the Army, as they can be used for pretty much anything in a crisis! I am now a trained fire fighter after Op Fresco when the Firemen went on strike. I've filled sand bags to prevent flooding. Defence and support of our nation comes in many different guises. The Army exists to protect your sorry ass from ALL that might affect you! You would do well to respect that! SG

Here you go again getting personal. You obviously feel all the wars you fought were justifiable. I dont.

I know what the army does and as ive stated it can be useful. But that still doesnt justify for me all thecwrong they do.

For the record my father worked for the army for most of his working life.

Bit strong mate,your entitled to your opinion but dont make mistake of generalising.Some x forces guys are instilatutionalised and find it difficult to reintergrate back into society.

I served in overseas operations in the gulf,i saw it as a job and so did many of those around me.

Im proud of what i did as are my family.

Im no pawn,i didnt fight for any political reason,i did what i was paid to do.

I fought for my mates who stood beside me and they fought for me, as did the Iraqies who fought for what they thought was right.

Its difficult looking back on it now knowing what we know to justify that war but im proud of our professionalism in what was a very challenging situation.

Perhaps if your understood that you wouldnt form such an extreme opinion without experiencing such strong bonds and comradery yourself.

Good post. Well said.

I know i wouldn't be capable of doing the things you had to do for the reasons you had to do it though.

We are a million miles away now from the justification of ww2.

We seem to think conflict is the go to solution to problems that aren't ours.

Three terrorists shot dead within an 8 min response time . Unfortunately 8 dead and several injured , some critically .

Terrible news again Stubby. Great response time by the authorities. They can try to change out lives but they will not win

Terrible news again Stubby. Great response time by the authorities. They can try to change out lives but they will not win

Yes it is terrible news Richie and becoming all to familiar . Some how , I dont know how , but somehow it has to be stopped .

Three terrorist attacks in the last three months. Another 5 thwarted by the security services in the same time period.

We've got to accept we are at war. It's time we started interning all the extremists and stopped listening to the do gooders.

Yes it is terrible news Richie and becoming all to familiar . Some how , I dont know how , but somehow it has to be stopped .

Yes mate it's gonna be a long battle and I fear it's going to be part of our daily lives for some time.