Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Is that arguing we should have actual punishments or just wasting money on the legal system?.

Maybe we can get them crushing rock, I would be happy for them to work as navies and restore canals. Hard work and learning practical skills.

Supposedly it's 30k a year to lock someone away, so say march to october doing such work.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GarethM said:

I'll assume it's the plan to prevent farmers using their land productively. Banning the sensible use of fertiliser because of nitrogen emissions, whilst at the same time making diesel drivers use adblue.

Which shock horror creates nitrogen.

80% of the atmosphere is nitrogen, nitrogenous fertiliser is in the form of nitrates (nitrogen and oxygen compounds of ammonia being a major one), if this is applied badly the nitrates end up in the water supply instead of in the growing plant.

IC engines produce oxides of nitrogen when the combustion temperature is high, diesels produce more because of the excess oxygen used and the higher pressure, the nitrogen oxide emissions become nitrates as they fall to earth as rain or in combination with other emissions and also leach through to the water courses.

Adblue and the exhaust catalyst turn these nitrogen oxides back to nitrogen.

Edited by openspaceman
typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GarethM said:

Do you really think European farmers are applying an expensive input poorly tho?.

Practically every farmer will employ an agronomist to tell them what/where and how and take soil samples accordingly.

non sequitur or what's that got to do with the price of fish

17 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

I'll put it another way. If I were to think about that stuff all the time I'd drive myself mad. You must be psychologically more robust than me. 

I don't know enough about the subject the have an opinion either way really. A bit like you, I look after 'me and mine' (I've been self employed my entire working life too), but unlike you, I'm quite happy to let the outside world get on with it. I'm sure you'd suggest I'm sticking my head in the sand, and I wouldn't argue against that statement. For me it's a self preservation tactic though; I know myself well enough to realise that if I started down that path I could easily find myself quite obsessed with it. I'm best with problems for which I can find a solution. I'd struggle to think about the stuff you are thinking about, as, to me at least, there seems to be little we could do about it. 

It's the same reason I don't do as much as I could for charity. I think the more I did, the more helpless I would feel. My brother is the opposite, volunteers as a non exec director for a large charity, and carries quite a burden because of it.

Keep safe ( and sane). 

I totally respect your position and in no way am accusing you of any head in sand stuff, as I see it you are in the majority at the moment.. just trying to get on with your life just the same nearly everyone else after the last two and a half years of chaos.

But you are right in that as I don't have many others to look out for I've plenty of time to look into things in depth. cheers.

7 hours ago, sandspider said:

What's going on in Canada and the Netherlands, then?

Well, chaos by design .. the system that they've long since taken for granted and are experts in the growing of food economically going back generations or in the case of the Netherlands centuries is being pulled to pieces.

This info isn't hard to find when you look beyond the MSM and the countries mentioned are just two examples of the agenda that's being pushed globally and that can really only result in famine, cheers.

• Like 2

They're all falling over themselves to create distance from the disaster that was our Covid response. 

The usual suspects here have surely looked within themselves by now and realised they where completely and utterly had. 

"Follow the Science!" 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The former chancellor said it had been a mistake to 'empower' the Government's scientific committee Sage, whose doom-laden forecasts drove Britain into a series of damaging lockdowns.

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1