Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

What’s next? Heroin banned? Crystal meth? Alchohol?

I know what you mean though, it’s a tricky subject, the balance between personal freedoms and self harm.

Well the first two already are and an alcohol ban wouldn’t bother me personally as I don’t drink but I’d still be 100% against any attempt to restrict access to it. Like Scott Rails ongoing ban on alcohol sales, total SNP nanny state control freak behaviour. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Well the first two already are and an alcohol ban wouldn’t bother me personally as I don’t drink but I’d still be 100% against any attempt to restrict access to it. Like Scott Rails ongoing ban on alcohol sales, total SNP nanny state control freak behaviour. 

Do you think all drugs should be banned? Genuine question as I'm 100% against any attempt to restrict access to any of them. 

Chris Whitty made a good point this morning. About the irony of libertarians like Boris and Truss being so against a ban on something so addictive that it actually takes away freedom and choice in most cases.

I'm fairly ambivalent to indifferent about the ban. Not sure why some are getting so het up about it. If the government are looking to save money by improving public health they really ought to look at the disastrous food landscape here. They really should have implemented Henry Dimbleby's National Food Strategy a couple of years ago. What's wrong with cracking down on excessive sugar and crappy "food"?

One of the dissenting voices on this vote today was this woman. Does anyone take her seriously anymore? Her interview with Chris Mason yesterday was a bit of an eye opener, even by her standards. She still seems to accept no responsibility for the cluster fck she set off. Weird.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The BBC's political editor Chris Mason on what the former prime minister has to say about the state of conservatism.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Former Prime Minister Liz Truss speaks to the BBCs Political Editor Chris Mason.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark J said:

Do you think all drugs should be banned? Genuine question as I'm 100% against any attempt to restrict access to any of them. 

Do you genuinely think. Heroin, Crystal Meth, Fentanyl etc etc should be legal ?. 

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Do you genuinely think. Heroin, Crystal Meth, Fentanyl etc etc should be legal ?. 

Do you think them being illegal stops people getting them? 

And if you accept that supply of drugs such as you mention still happens on a vast scale despite being illegal, are you happy that all this business is managed (quite literally) by criminal gangs?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

Do you think them being illegal stops people getting them? 

And if you accept that supply of drugs such as you mention still happens on a vast scale despite being illegal, are you happy that all this business is managed (quite literally) by criminal gangs?

No of course it doesn’t just as this stupid bit of legislation will not stop smoking. The scale of as you describe it is a fraction of what it would be if it was legalised. But what kind of world will we live in if that shit is made legal and therefore presumably acceptable 🤷‍♂️it’s an ongoing fight unfortunately 

and why would I be happy about criminal gangs running anything, we have a weak police and judiciary that should be far harder on this crap. I’ve personally lost two mates over the years to alcoholism and one ex army colleague to a heroin overdose. Additionally to that I literally threw a family member out of my house when it was plain his income was coming from similar activities. There’s a huge difference in the outcomes between shooting up on heroin and buying some old Holborn.