Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

31 minutes ago, sime42 said:

It sure looks like Israel is carrying out collective punishment, despite assurances to the contrary. Not sure how things like this can be anything else but.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Photographs out of Gaza showed fire engulfing the hospital halls, shattered glass and body parts scattered across the area...

A sure fire way to fast track recruitment of the next generation of jihadi fighters, not to mention the obvious; untold suffering to innocent people. Looks like there'll never be an end to this horrible mess.

Hamas HQ is under the hospital,they have cells there where they torture captives . All collateral damage is propaganda to Hamas the leaders of which are likely in the south now anyhow.

There is some truly disturbing footage and reports out there on what Hamas did during their latest terror attack.

Personally I hope Israel turn the Gaza strip into a giant car park.As does the rest of the civilised world who live without their heads up their arses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, sime42 said:

It sure looks like Israel is carrying out collective punishment, despite assurances to the contrary. Not sure how things like this can be anything else but.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Photographs out of Gaza showed fire engulfing the hospital halls, shattered glass and body parts scattered across the area...

A sure fire way to fast track recruitment of the next generation of jihadi fighters, not to mention the obvious; untold suffering to innocent people. Looks like there'll never be an end to this horrible mess.

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Israel is left in a horrible situation, but I support them in their difficult choices.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 3

Certainly very messed up situation and I think the only way to get peace in the region is a lot of outside forces going in to break it up, and then years of peace keeping forces. If Hamas want to be seen as a legitimate government - which would help their case to the rest of the world - building bunkers under hospitals is not the action of a government. Likewise Israel needs to give them a chance, to come out and govern openly without fear. Both sides need to step back a bit and say 'lets be all grown up now'. However I don't think it stops there, Egypt and the other Arab states all have a part to play and the rest of the world do too.... but the first step perhaps is the rest of the world to step in and bang some heads together (simply put).

Might be wondering why it is our problems... look at the map, the borders are created by a ruler and a ruler, the straight edges were dictated by the Europeans and that is one of the many historical problems in the region.. one of many problems.

The US are creating a force to go in to assist Israel in todays news, but I don't think that will ease the situation, perhaps make Israel bolder in their actions. Suspect their involvement will grow till some one mentions Afghanistan or Vietnam (especially since Putin is also trying to solve things, egg on US faces if Putin does that.... so US will become more and more involved).

Just my thoughts anyway

Edited by Steven P

Meanwhile in Thurso,

WWW.JOHNOGROAT-JOURNAL.CO.UK

A Thurso man pitched up with a sledgehammer after reaching the end of his tether with traffic issues near his home.

".....the sheriff admonished Ayre.

He also ordered the sledgehammer to be forfeited." 

:laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Senior epidemiologist who advised ministers during the pandemic said national shutdowns were a...
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Scientist, whose data prompted first lockdown, warned the measure would...
WWW.GBNEWS.COM

Mark Woolhouse supported the use of lockdowns at the time of the pandemic

the incredibly expensive covid inquiry seems to be ticking along wasting millions as did the whole farce, somewhat overshadowed by current world events. Probably much to the relief of many seeing as the picture it’s painting is making those that were more sceptical ( and ridiculed ) at the time of all the madness seem rather a sensible bunch after all. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

On 16/10/2023 at 10:01, Big J said:

And that is fundamentally the root of the situation in the middle east. The Israelis cannot be surprised that Hamas acted without humanity (and I absolutely condemn Hamas' actions) when the Israelis have been systematically stripping the Palestinians of that very humanity for 75 years.

WWW.POLITICO.EU

Experts say they have found evidence of decapitation, rape and people being burned alive.

Unfortunately J I think the Hamas leadership knew fine well the reaction would be a strong one. Wether or not they banked on total eradication is another question. Quite frankly if I were an Israeli be it civilian or a reservist I’d want nothing less and who can blame them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.POLITICO.EU

Experts say they have found evidence of decapitation, rape and people being burned alive.

Unfortunately J I think the Hamas leadership knew fine well the reaction would be a strong one. Wether or not they banked on total eradication is another question. Quite frankly if I were an Israeli be it civilian or a reservist I’d want nothing less and who can blame them. 

Rumours abound that the IDF were well aware of planned incursions by Hamas and did nothing. It's unlikely we'll ever find out the truth.

What I do think is that anyone defending or justifying the murder of children and innocent adult civilians on either side of Israel's apartheid wall wants their sick heads read.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Rumours abound that the IDF were well aware of planned incursions by Hamas and did nothing. It's unlikely we'll ever find out the truth.

What I do think is that anyone defending or justifying the murder of children and innocent adult civilians on either side of Israel's apartheid wall wants their sick heads read.

Too late for citizen smith type politics now Mark. I’d say Hamas and Gaza will cease to exist shortly 🤷‍♂️sadly it’s the innocents as always who will suffer from both sides. 

Edited by Johnsond

24 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Too late for citizen smith type politics now Mark. I’d say Hamas and Gaza will cease to exist shortly 🤷‍♂️sadly it’s the innocents as always who will suffer from both sides. 

Are you saying you condone killing of children on either side? That's a lot of people to die in order to level Gaza. 

No 'Citizen Smith' outrage here, I've been to Palestine and seen how things were. It's a lousy state of affairs. 

@Mike Hill do you reckon that Hamas blew the hospital up with stray missiles as they are now reporting or do you reckon the Israelis did it as first reported?

Edited by Mark J