Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

What is incorrect about the information (mainly historical examples) and the  idea that "rising costs are stirring social unrest."

in that particular article?

(Not the conspiracy theories or any wider WEF  agenda just the article)

APPLE.NEWS

By 2027 around 15.4 million cars on Britain’s roads will be at least 10 years old, new analysis by Auto...

Not surprising when you screw people to the floor with high taxes, mortgage cost of living etc to pay for utterly insane previous  decisions.  You have to wonder if a few political types with an ounce of common sense are gonna realise this proposed ban on the  sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030 is pure green agenda driven fantasy that is gonna make life very very difficult for people in particular rural communities. Might have to plan for a long term diesel keeper if they don’t. 
I had a BT open reach electric vivaro at my place a few days ago, driver was from Bradford on contract work in Aberdeenshire for a week, 14 hrs to get from Bradford to Aberdeen with 7 charges enroute, he said it was like driving with the fuel warning light on constantly, always on lookout for a charging point. 

• Like 2

I copied** the daughter a sombre article about the predicted collapse of the PCP "funding" model that has allowed people to drive cars they realistically could not otherwise afford, except for the stupid low interest rates..

Which not unreasonably suggested the cars would either be handed back at the end of the PCP period, or repossessed.

What these people are going to do for another cheaper car I do not know, guessing it can only push up the prices of older cheaper smaller/plainer stock?

But the market should in theory be flooded with up-market motors that most folk cannot afford to buy, or indeed maintain 2nd hand..

**Cos she will be needing a new to her  motor and was thinking about pulling the pin on a new Corolla, and I had been trying to tell her to thole(very difficult btw!) and blag a bargain in the near future. 

Hopefully the refurbished(virtually a nut and bolt rebuild) 1999 vintage SDP Van will be good for another 20-25  years of emissions related trouble free diesel driving for us.

Cheers,

Marcus

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, difflock said:

I copied** the daughter a sombre article about the predicted collapse of the PCP "funding" model that has allowed people to drive cars they realistically could not otherwise afford, except for the stupid low interest rates..

Which not unreasonably suggested the cars would either be handed back at the end of the PCP period, or repossessed.

What these people are going to do for another cheaper car I do not know, guessing it can only push up the prices of older cheaper smaller/plainer stock?

But the market should in theory be flooded with up-market motors that most folk cannot afford to buy, or indeed maintain 2nd hand..

**Cos she will be needing a new to her  motor and was thinking about pulling the pin on a new Corolla, and I had been trying to tell her to thole(very difficult btw!) and blag a bargain in the near future. 

Hopefully the refurbished(virtually a nut and bolt rebuild) 1999 vintage SDP Van will be good for another 20-25  years of emissions related trouble free diesel driving for us.

Cheers,

Marcus

I’m guessing this overinflated used car market is due a reset anytime soon. I’d be waiting until next year to purchase any used car.

I looked at a 2016 SWB shogun this week, up at £26k. The RRP for same in 2016 was £30k… unbelievable.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Commando said:

I’m guessing this overinflated used car market is due a reset anytime soon. I’d be waiting until next year to purchase any used car.

I looked at a 2016 SWB shogun this week, up at £26k. The RRP for same in 2016 was £30k… unbelievable.

It sure is unbelievable, mates just sold his 2 year old motorhome back to the dealer he bought it from, for £6k more than he bought it for, however much is the dealer going to advertise it for? I can only assume he already has a buyer for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

It sure is unbelievable, mates just sold his 2 year old motorhome back to the dealer he bought it from, for £6k more than he bought it for, however much is the dealer going to advertise it for? I can only assume he already has a buyer for it.

Had a ridiculous offer for my Navara from Nissan. Not much use though if you have to pay a fortune to replace it! I have no finance payment at the moment which to be honest is the first time I haven’t been paying something in a new vehicle for probably 12 years. Decided to just stick with this motor till it dies.

give it 50 years and it will be like Cuba here 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Plenty of stuff on YT about US RV dealers lots being stuffed with vehicles. First thing to go in a squeeze is life’s luxuries 👍 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Commando said:

Plenty of stuff on YT about US RV dealers lots being stuffed with vehicles. First thing to go in a squeeze is life’s luxuries 👍 

I failed to mention my mate added a few grands worth of extras, still it’s a 2 year old motorhome with 20-odd thousand miles on the clock that’s going to make £10k plus? More than it cost originally.

• Like 2