Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

APPLE.NEWS

A former finance analyst, Rishi Sunak was runner-up in the previous leadership contest.

Well here comes the supposed saviour  etc etc. People have a very very  short memory as it was undoubtedly his irresponsible fiscal policies and support of lockdown madness that has massively contributed to the current mess we are in. Maybe he is the candidate the markets etc wanted after all, to keep the cash flowing in the right direction. I think this is when the covid gullible are gonna realise that it really is payback tine. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

So do you think Truss had a hit job done on her by her own party because it was the membership that put her there over the heads of the parliamentarians?

And now they're back on plan?

Well he was part of the team who got us to where we are now !! If he had the answers to all the problems all along why didn’t he use that knowledge then rather than tell us he’s gonna do it now. For me he is from a massively wealthy multi millionaire background that has benefitted from an immoral tax break who has zero knowledge of the reality of things for most people. I look at where we were pre covid and where we are now and try and look at whom-and what individuals or organisations/corporations have benefited from the past two years MSM promoted madness !!. Yeah the conspiracy comments will be made but throw in an avoidable but massively profitable war as per normal with the Democrats and just look around at what’s going on and what we are paying out just to get by !!!. The answer to your original question is I’m not sure it was a blatant hit but at the same time I do not think certain people got the leader they wanted and also think the current selection criteria was devised to be able to select a suitable candidate without the need to put it to the party members. I hope I’m wrong. For me Sunak is far from the answer. 

• Like 3

On 23/10/2022 at 09:44, Steve Bullman said:

Had a ridiculous offer for my Navara from Nissan. Not much use though if you have to pay a fortune to replace it! I have no finance payment at the moment which to be honest is the first time I haven’t been paying something in a new vehicle for probably 12 years. Decided to just stick with this motor till it dies.

give it 50 years and it will be like Cuba here 😂

It already is like Cuba here in rural Ireland. Local welder has a list of people waiting to get 4wd chassis welded, no salt on the roads in Cuba!

13 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Well he was part of the team who got us to where we are now !! If he had the answers to all the problems all along why didn’t he use that knowledge then rather than tell us he’s gonna do it now. For me he is from a massively wealthy multi millionaire background that has benefitted from an immoral tax break who has zero knowledge of the reality of things for most people. I look at where we were pre covid and where we are now and try and look at whom-and what individuals or organisations/corporations have benefited from the past two years MSM promoted madness !!. Yeah the conspiracy comments will be made but throw in an avoidable but massively profitable war as per normal with the Democrats and just look around at what’s going on and what we are paying out just to get by !!!. The answer to your original question is I’m not sure it was a blatant hit but at the same time I do not think certain people got the leader they wanted and also think the current selection criteria was devised to be able to select a suitable candidate without the need to put it to the party members. I hope I’m wrong. For me Sunak is far from the answer. 

Well whatever he may or may not be, it seems increasingly like he's going to be a shoe-in this time.

Maybe it's just my old cynical head, but the whole thing is starting to strike me as being a bit whiffy.

A procedure which took months before is going to be wrapped up in a week.

Remember the "Boaty McBoatface" carry on?

"The public paid for this vessel so it's only right and fair that they should get to name it",

...................that was until "the public" picked a name that the establishment didn't like, then it was "f**k the public, who do they think they are, we'll name it ourselves".

Oh well, onwards!

• Like 4

They're reporting that Boris pulled out due to the investigation that's not finished. But he's waiting on the side lines etc.

Granted that could be all journalist guff, but nothing surprise's me any more. At the same time we have zero credible opposition, other than flip flop between two party shambles. Anything is better than proportional representation and the total gridlock that seems to cause elsewhere around the world.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

Well whatever he may or may not be, it seems increasingly like he's going to be a shoe-in this time.

Maybe it's just my old cynical head, but the whole thing is starting to strike me as being a bit whiffy.

A procedure which took months before is going to be wrapped up in a week.

Remember the "Boaty McBoatface" carry on?

"The public paid for this vessel so it's only right and fair that they should get to name it",

...................that was until "the public" picked a name that the establishment didn't like, then it was "f**k the public, who do they think they are, we'll name it ourselves".

Oh well, onwards!

No I’d say you are right it literally stinks 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Proportional Representation just requires skilled negotiators.

You must concede that FPTP is not working for the infighting tories is it?

The germans take over a year to settle their rules (voting power, policy modifications, etc) after a PR election to accommodate their minority radicals (far right nationalists and far left greens). Name constituencies where we would have such extremes in this country?

In fact, just thinking further (I really shouldn't!), it was even odd when he got the chancellor job in the first place.

Javid just upped and left, no particular reason, no particular explanation, and boom, this guy Sunak was in the second most powerful job in government.

The commentariat ranted and raved on about how this was no shock as he been waiting in the wings for years and had been groomed for this position, was "supremely qualified", blah, blah,blah.

Well I'd never feckin heard of him and I keep reasonably abreast of political goings on.

To quote from the film "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels", "Charles, get the rifle out, we're being f**ked!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1