Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

12 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Some of us have lived through booms and busts, good times and bad.

Stuff happens, life’s not always fair.

We’re not being bombed by the Nazis, things could be worse.

Agree entirely. Life is just a game; there are very few rules; sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Anyone can make a fortune, and anyone can drop down dead at any time. Roll the dice, but don't moan about what numbers you get. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen boom and bust countless times, if you’re heavily mortgaged and all your big kit is on tick there could be trouble ahead, if you’ve got your first million on deposit in the Nationwide you may have a bit more of a skip in your step.

On a more personal level, I put a skip in my step if I open my eyes at sunrise and realise I’m still alive enough to get out n about  and price a few jobs up.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Retired Climber said:

Agree entirely. Life is just a game; there are very few rules; sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Anyone can make a fortune, and anyone can drop down dead at any time. Roll the dice, but don't moan about what numbers you get. 

That’s exactly how I felt throughout the past couple of years of total shite. It seems the I’m alright Jack or holier than thou attitude is alive and well, whilst I agree the interest rates have been probably unsustainably low for too long now I get no kicks out of lecturing people who might not be as fortunate as others. There’s a lot of people who will undoubtedly end up in mortgage arrears or worse in part due to the crazy prices that you see in the housing market. You may judging by a previous post where you alluded to your amazing day rate be in a position to benefit from the higher rates we are seeing, me personally I’d rather give a shit about the younger families out there who will be bricking it at the seemingly never ending hikes. You are right though it’s a bullshit game played by people way way up the chain. As for day rates I never brag or would certainly never quote specific numbers in a Harry Enfield loadsamoney gobshite manner but feel free to look up the 2022 ODIA offshore agreement and you will see what the North Sea oil and gas game pays Divers/Supvs

Edited by Johnsond

47 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

That’s exactly how I felt throughout the past couple of years of total shite. It seems the I’m alright Jack or holier than thou attitude is alive and well, whilst I agree the interest rates have been probably unsustainably low for too long now I get no kicks out of lecturing people who might not be as fortunate as others. There’s a lot of people who will undoubtedly end up in mortgage arrears or worse in part due to the crazy prices that you see in the housing market. You may judging by a previous post where you alluded to your amazing day rate be in a position to benefit from the higher rates we are seeing, me personally I’d rather give a shit about the younger families out there who will be bricking it at the seemingly never ending hikes. You are right though it’s a bullshit game played by people way way up the chain. As for day rates I never brag or would certainly never quote specific numbers in a Harry Enfield loadsamoney gobshite manner but feel free to look up the 2022 ODIA offshore agreement and you will see what the North Sea oil and gas game pays Divers/Supvs

Did you mean to quote my post? I can't really see the relevance, other than trying to have a dig at posts I've made in the past. 

17 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

Did you mean to quote my post? I can't really see the relevance, other than trying to have a dig at posts I've made in the past. 

You can’t !! 
Yes I absolutely did, the reply was more in the context of the previous few posts on this topic. Your previous posts about your skill set and earnings I didn’t comment on or even give it much thought but to emphasise what you earn and then at another juncture  lecture those less fortunate 🤷‍♂️Well I’ll leave you to fill the gaps in. 

• Like 2

On 22/09/2022 at 21:14, Retired Climber said:

He did. He’s a prick who spends his arbtalk time trying to pretend he’s not a prick.

16 minutes ago, Mull said:

Well, not so mini was it old boy.

been trickled on a few times!

I was listening to a fella on the wireless earlier, he claimed to earn £400k/year, he said he would be £12k up... he also said he wouldn't be spending anymore money than he does now.

Trickle down, I ask ya!?