Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Twice in a row! You should show Peds how it’s done, he struggles as well.

Speaking of Peds he suggested I use Google to answer a question I had and readily found the answer I was looking for.

Perhaps you could play devils advocate and look yourself? I found plenty of links almost instantly.
Déjà vu. So you didn't actually find anything slightly credible.

Déjà vu. So you didn't actually find anything slightly credible.

Oh yes. A 10 second search found me an article from the Telegraph no less.

Since I asked you to play Devils advocate and post your findings I assume you struggled? Perhaps your search criteria was inadequate? Post up your search terms and perhaps that will shine some light on why you can’t find the answers you seek.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/11/health/psilocybin-brain-changes-life-itself-wellness-scn/index.html

I think it's a good thing that the therapeutic benefits of psychedelic mushrooms are being noted again. "Big Pharma" won't be happy as you can wipe out PTSD, depression, and associated addictions in one dose. 

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GarethM said:

Whilst after doing some research, I am somewhat sceptical at the £30-75 per hour, I wouldn't expect any Dr to be earning less than 100 an hour especially as a jobbing locum.

NHS waste is more at the top than at the bottom, removing useless layers of upper management and return to central style purchasing where they had the power to negotiate and drive down prices.

To be fair £800 a day is not that much in the grand scheme of things. They have earned the right to earn that kinda money through the 7-10 years of intense training and low pay. 

The Semi-submersible Im currently working on is contracted to Neptune Energy. The Consultants here are on £1000-3000 a day. But then there is no salary, no sick pay and no pension. 

18 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

To be fair £800 a day is not that much in the grand scheme of things. They have earned the right to earn that kinda money through the 7-10 years of intense training and low pay. 

The Semi-submersible Im currently working on is contracted to Neptune Energy. The Consultants here are on £1000-3000 a day. But then there is no salary, no sick pay and no pension. 

You live in the world of daft money on oil rigs, I have a mate who is a chef on one, he gets a very generous full-time wage for a part-time job.

I struggle to make more than £90 an hour on dry land, but I do get to hang out with my friends and family when I want to.

• Like 2