Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 minutes ago, Mark J said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/11/health/psilocybin-brain-changes-life-itself-wellness-scn/index.html

I think it's a good thing that the therapeutic benefits of psychedelic mushrooms are being noted again. "Big Pharma" won't be happy as you can wipe out PTSD, depression, and associated addictions in one dose. 

Aye, I've no idea what on earth could be funny about this subject and as someone close to me suffers from depression I've had a keen interest in this subject for some time and there would seem to be many anecdotal reports of folk getting off antidepressants by micro dosing with Psilocybin.. they don't take enough of it to have any effect other than raising their mood slightly.

As far as I'm concerned pharma do their best to conceal or bury any treatment from nature that may give relief in as they can't patent it / them... we'll never know all the things that may well have made a difference in untold numbers of peoples lives... either hidden when discovered or long since lost to memory.

St John's Wort is another natural alternative remedy for depression banned quite a while ago by the EU no doubt at the behest of big pharma and their push to make us sick and keep us sick $$$$$

• Like 2

Just now, Mark J said:

You live in the world of daft money on oil rigs, I have a mate who is a chef on one, he gets a very generous full-time wage for a part-time job.

I struggle to make more than £90 an hour on dry land, but I do get to hang out with my friends and family when I want to.

I work 90-100 days a year. Thats over 260 days a year Im free to do as I please. There is not many jobs that allow you that level of freedom and time to spend with your friends and family and still make a good bit over £100k a year without breaking a sweat.

My point being that Locums in my opinion have well and truly earned that day-rate and I'll assume they will not be getting a private pension and all the other perks folk get when PAYE. I have zero interest in working as a consultant the loss of the pension I get from my company is enough to give me the shivers, I dont have to pay a penny into it either. 

9 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I work 90-100 days a year. Thats over 260 days a year Im free to do as I please. There is not many jobs that allow you that level of freedom and time to spend with your friends and family and still make a good bit over £100k a year without breaking a sweat.

My point being that Locums in my opinion have well and truly earned that day-rate and I'll assume they will not be getting a private pension and all the other perks folk get when PAYE. I have zero interest in working as a consultant the loss of the pension I get from my company is enough to give me the shivers, I dont have to pay a penny into it either. 

I'm glad you're happy with your work, when I was younger I was happy to spend extended periods of time away from my close ones, now I'd rather hang out with my lass and my mates after a days work. Are you planning on retiring from the rig work soon? You must have made a few quid and you can miss a great deal of life when you're on the road (rig) all the time. 

What was so funny about the post about the benefits of psilocybin?

Edited by Mark J

46 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

Aye, I've no idea what on earth could be funny about this subject and as someone close to me suffers from depression I've had a keen interest in this subject for some time and there would seem to be many anecdotal reports of folk getting off antidepressants by micro dosing with Psilocybin.. they don't take enough of it to have any effect other than raising their mood slightly.

As far as I'm concerned pharma do their best to conceal or bury any treatment from nature that may give relief in as they can't patent it / them... we'll never know all the things that may well have made a difference in untold numbers of peoples lives... either hidden when discovered or long since lost to memory.

St John's Wort is another natural alternative remedy for depression banned quite a while ago by the EU no doubt at the behest of big pharma and their push to make us sick and keep us sick $$$$$

Micro-dosing works way better for some people than prescribed anti-depressants, I know this because I do it.  Macro-dosing works too and has a significant effect on things but that's a slightly different kettle of fish and not for the faint hearted. 

St John's Wort has helped close friends of mine. 

You do have to be careful though about what else you might imbibe while taking mushrooms or St John's Wort etc. as there are potential contraindications. 

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, GarethM said:

The funny comment, was probably aimed at my red cap mushroom post.

Nah, that'll have gone over his head, he's just a shouty, angry, person with unresolved parental trauma. He'll get there though, especially if he eats some mushrooms on one or two of his 260 days off each year. 

Also, the 'funny' bit was there before you posted. 

Edited by Mark J

29 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I'm glad you're happy with your work, when I was younger I was happy to spend extended periods of time away from my close ones, now I'd rather hang out with my lass and my mates after a days work. Are you planning on retiring from the rig work soon? You must have made a few quid and you can miss a great deal of life when you're on the road (rig) all the time. 

What was so funny about the post about the benefits of psilocybin?

I’ve tried the on-shore life, it really does not agree with me at all. I found I had very little time to do the things I wanted to do and my family life suffered.

Off-shore works for me. With Zoom, FaceTime etc it hardly feels like you’re away. But being at home with the wee ones for 4-6 weeks at a time uninterrupted for the majority of the year is really nice. 

I think I’ll do another 10 years and call it a day. Working 90 days of the year is semi-retired anyway. 

3 hours ago, Mark J said:

Micro-dosing works way better for some people than prescribed anti-depressants, I know this because I do it.  Macro-dosing works too and has a significant effect on things but that's a slightly different kettle of fish and not for the faint hearted. 

St John's Wort has helped close friends of mine. 

You do have to be careful though about what else you might imbibe while taking mushrooms or St John's Wort etc. as there are potential contraindications. 

The only thing I macro dose on these days is beer... but I can still vaguely remember my younger times 😁

I've got St J W growing all over my garden although I 've personally no need for it.

Had to look up imbibe🙄

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, scbk said:

There is an urgent need for a non-discriminatory and non-stigmatising name, scientists agree.

Anyone want to play a game of name that virus?

What about Poxy McPoxface?

Apeshit Pox?

Covidpox?

Anally Injected Death Syndrome?
(Oh no, that’s already been used…) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2