Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Consultants can work in the private sector only in there own time. Many therefore don’t work full time NHS so they can do private. Many don’t as the return for the time isn’t as good as people think. I do logs in my free time, and play golf, head space is more important to me than money. 
My wife runs and sews, it’s all about balance. Just to quote Yoda !

Edited by Silverhooker
  • Like 2

fireworks an hour early for midnight but just right for CET and GBs departure from EU

🏋️🇬🇧 💂🏻🎩💥🍻🏆🎯✂️

Brexit: New era for UK as it completes separation from European Union

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Boris Johnson celebrates the "freedom in our hands" as the long Brexit process comes to a conclusion.

So the scientists are now saying that up to 80% of the population needs to have the COVID vaccine in order to create herd immunity. At current inoculation rates that will take until the end of August this year, that’s pretty much as long as the entire lockdown process so far, with no actual confirmation that the lockdowns will cease afterwards.

I have just looked at the ONS website for COVID deaths in my area. The whole of Hastings has had 2, yes that’s right, a whole 2 deaths since the inception of this claptrap, they may even have been ill previously.

Adverts are already linking the vaccine to travel limitations.

Have you seen the Ryanair Ads for the Benidorm brigade? 
“Just jab and go!”

In the meantime, some not so breaking news about the pressure put on the NHS at this time of year, every year.

52D06CF4-A3A1-4C99-BF3B-611C7ABD1BE1.jpeg

Edited by The avantgardener
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The avantgardener said:

So the scientists are now saying that up to 80% of the population needs to have the COVID vaccine in order to create herd immunity

As no one under 50 will have the vaccination unless they have extra risk factors I doubt 80% will ever be vaccinated. Anyway with 5% of the population having had the disease there is no need to vaccinate them, or is there? I still cannot fathom how a vaccine can prime the immune system any better than surviving a full fat virus.

Herd immunity only drives the R value down, it doesn't offer any benefit to someone naive to the virus.

Speaking as one who the bald statistics indicate would be 90 times more likely to die than if I were half my age.

15 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

As no one under 50 will have the vaccination unless they have extra risk factors I doubt 80% will ever be vaccinated. Anyway with 5% of the population having had the disease there is no need to vaccinate them, or is there? I still cannot fathom how a vaccine can prime the immune system any better than surviving a full fat virus.

Herd immunity only drives the R value down, it doesn't offer any benefit to someone naive to the virus.

Speaking as one who the bald statistics indicate would be 90 times more likely to die than if I were half my age.

Because of viral mutation - like the flu jab changes periodically , looks like it could be a yearly thing  ;/  K

1 hour ago, The avantgardener said:

So the scientists are now saying that up to 80% of the population needs to have the COVID vaccine in order to create herd immunity. At current inoculation rates that will take until the end of August this year, that’s pretty much as long as the entire lockdown process so far, with no actual confirmation that the lockdowns will cease afterwards.

I have just looked at the ONS website for COVID deaths in my area. The whole of Hastings has had 2, yes that’s right, a whole 2 deaths since the inception of this claptrap, they may even have been ill previously.

Adverts are already linking the vaccine to travel limitations.

Have you seen the Ryanair Ads for the Benidorm brigade? 
“Just jab and go!”

In the meantime, some not so breaking news about the pressure put on the NHS at this time of year, every year.

52D06CF4-A3A1-4C99-BF3B-611C7ABD1BE1.jpeg

Yesterday’s numbers for Uk deaths I think stood at 445 approx, for a change they put in the fact that only 11 of those had no serious known existing health conditions confirming yet again that for the vast amount of people this is not the death sentence MSM would have you believe.  There seems to be an enthusiasm from politicians and scientists to head for yet another full on ineffective socially and economically destructive lockdown regardless of how dismally they have failed previously. Record cases of a flu like virus are as you say not a new winter phenomenon. 

• Like 2

Just now, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Read a book called "The great Influenza" by John Barry. Its all about 1918/19 flu pandemic. I have read it and it has changed my whole perspective on this pandemic. 😉 

Briefly seeing as I ain’t got the book to hand in what respects has it changed your perspectives ?

• Like 1