Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I don't see that as any better, we should not need to be "vigilant" IMO.

You've missed his point, deliberately or not. He is referring to the reaction of the police in the event of an attack. He is saying that the security services in London should be prepared in the the event terrorists attacks. And that security services should be watching out for potential threats.

How you are arguing against those statements is baffling, are you saying that the police in London should not be prepared or watch out for terrorist attacks?

"I’m not going to speculate as to how the police in New York should react. What I do know is part and parcel of living in a great global city is you gotta be prepared for these things, you gotta be vigilant, you gotta support the police doing an incredibly hard job, you gotta support the security services. And I think speculating, when you don’t know the facts, is unwise."

Whether you think they "need" to be is obviously a different matter and not at all what he was talking about (as much as you can try to twist his words).

I don't see that as any better, we should not need to be "vigilant" IMO.

We shouldn't need to be vigilant, we shouldn't need to have wars, we shouldn't murder people, we shouldn't ...........

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You've missed his point, deliberately or not. He is referring to the reaction of the police in the event of an attack. He is saying that the security services in London should be prepared in the the event terrorists attacks. And that security services should be watching out for potential threats.

How you are arguing against those statements is baffling, are you saying that the police in London should not be prepared or watch out for terrorist attacks?

"IÂ’m not going to speculate as to how the police in New York should react. What I do know is part and parcel of living in a great global city is you gotta be prepared for these things, you gotta be vigilant, you gotta support the police doing an incredibly hard job, you gotta support the security services. And I think speculating, when you donÂ’t know the facts, is unwise."

Whether you think they "need" to be is obviously a different matter and not at all what he was talking about (as much as you can try to twist his words).

You're being incredibly naive Lucan. Everyone knows he was trying to downplay Islamist terrorism when he made that statement. Why would he do that?

Khan's past is very shady indeed. He gave a speech at an event organized by the Islam Channel, which has been fined by OFCOM for defending marital rape and dubbing women who wear perfume "prostitutes."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/nov/08/islam-channel-ofcom

He also regularly shared platforms with Suliman Gani, a cleric who has called for the creation of a Caliphate and defended al Qaida terrorists.

His most questionable association/friendship is with Babar Ahmad the "Godfather of Internet Jihad" Khan lobbied on his behalf for Ahmad not to be extradited to the US to face trial for which Ahmad was eventually convicted and sent to prison.

Does none of that make you question Khan's judgement? it should.

You're being incredibly naive Lucan. Everyone knows he was trying to downplay Islamist terrorism when he made that statement. Why would he do that?

Khan's past is very shady indeed. He gave a speech at an event organized by the Islam Channel, which has been fined by OFCOM for defending marital rape and dubbing women who wear perfume "prostitutes."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/nov/08/islam-channel-ofcom

He also regularly shared platforms with Suliman Gani, a cleric who has called for the creation of a Caliphate and defended al Qaida terrorists.

His most questionable association/friendship is with Babar Ahmad the "Godfather of Internet Jihad" Khan lobbied on his behalf for Ahmad not to be extradited to the US to face trial for which Ahmad was eventually convicted and sent to prison.

Does none of that make you question Khan's judgement? it should.

"Play to the fears" [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Every week/ month more "british" muslims are arrested or jailed for planning to kill kafir. You'd really have to be stupid not to be scared of Islam.

I wonder how many years away the referendum on switching to Sharia Law is?

I wonder how many years away the referendum on switching to Sharia Law is?

I think the Muslim population in the UK is just under 5%. Of that number I don't know how many believe the UK should be under Sharia law, but probably not a majority!

So yeah, never!

I wonder how many years before we have a referendum in bringing back hanging? UKIP seem pretty up for that one!

I think the Muslim population in the UK is just under 5%. Of that number I don't know how many believe the UK should be under Sharia law, but probably not a majority!

So yeah, never!

I wonder how many years before we have a referendum in bringing back hanging? UKIP seem pretty up for that one!

There appears to be no UKIP this morning ! :001_smile: