Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I heard a theory that Braverman was trying her best to get sacked in order to position herself as "not one of them" come the next leadership contest. They reckoned resigning wouldn't wash but getting sacked would give her some separation from the cabinet when the ship goes down.

It wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

Called for the Demi-god Johnson to resign, Home secretary for Liz Truss, broke the ministerial code, resigned before being sacked, home secretary for Sunak, sacked for undermining him.

A blemish free CV then?

I was going to leave politics alone for a while and then look what happened, they reverted to form and their preferred competency levels.

• Like 1

Sunak is   worse than Johnson i reckon.

Smashed the "overton window " they have shifted so  far right.

Crazy is  the new normal so many parrallels with the Trump lot.

Soming very odd for the first Asian PM to be such a  far right PM.

Inciting violence by a group with a hatred of people  like him to protest against a  pro palastine rally so by definition  pro israel/jewish.

Odd bed fellows.....

WWW.ALJAZEERA.COM

Israel has been engaging far-right groups and parties across Europe, ignoring their anti-Semitism.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stere said:

Sunak is   worse than Johnson i reckon.

Smashed the "overton window " they have shifted so  far right.

Crazy is  the new normal so many parrallels with the Trump lot.

Soming very odd for the first Asian PM to be such a  far right PM.

Inciting violence by a group with a hatred of people  like him to protest against a  pro palastine rally so by definition  pro israel/jewish.

Odd bed fellows.....

WWW.ALJAZEERA.COM

Israel has been engaging far-right groups and parties across Europe, ignoring their anti-Semitism.

Agree with all that but your first point is pushing it a bit - I don't think anyone can be worse than Johnson. He's left a huge list of fckups. Just look at what's coming out of the Covid enquiry. The moral pygmy wasn't much worse than Trump or  Bolsonaro.

WWW.THENEWEUROPEAN.CO.UK

Boris Johnson’s lack of focus and lack of humanity cost lives during Covid. Yet instead of facing charges, he is raking in...

Richy Rich Rishi seems to be further to the right, but he feels slightly more level headed and much less dishonest than Boris at least.

The EDL and other knuckle draggers must have been well confused on Sunday; being called to arms by someone who looks like one of their sworn enemies. (Maybe they fortified with extra rations of Stella and white powder). Weird times indeed.

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

The EDL and other knuckle draggers must have been well confused on Sunday; being called to arms by someone who looks like one of their sworn enemies. (Maybe they fortified with extra rations of Stella and white powder). Weird times indeed.

Though all they might have needed was the invitation to go to London for a fight with the police regardless.

Not sure he will have the time left to do so - I know they can push things through quickly but to do the checks they need to stop them being taken to court -again- is going to take some time. With a General Election coming soon, and this idea is going to be unpopular with many, it needs to be done by maybe January so that the voters forget about it a bit, otherwise it will harm their election results.