Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Maybe change the title to ‘making the news two weeks ago’

11 hours ago, sime42 said:

Come on, be fair - it's not always possible to find something from Today's news to get incensed by.  🤷‍♂️

Dear oh dear it really must be that time of month again 😞🤷‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

Should the hospitals hand out clothes?

I feel sorry for this guy, but would just be glad to have made it out the crash alive

WWW.PRESSANDJOURNAL.CO.UK

Anthony Burns was given a towel and a hospital gown and told to leave Raigmore.

I like the picture and caption, yes I think it will be written off :vollkommenauf:

writeoffcar.jpg.6eff033c8f79dfb6d0adb5062f5843b0.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, scbk said:

Should the hospitals hand out clothes?

I feel sorry for this guy, but would just be glad to have made it out the crash alive

WWW.PRESSANDJOURNAL.CO.UK

Anthony Burns was given a towel and a hospital gown and told to leave Raigmore.

I like the picture and caption, yes I think it will be written off :vollkommenauf:

writeoffcar.jpg.6eff033c8f79dfb6d0adb5062f5843b0.jpg

No, they shouldn't hand out clothes, but maybe they shouldn't be so free and easy with the scissors! I think the idea is that if they need to get a body undressed in A&E they just cut the clothes off with hardcore scissors,  rather than undressing. In the name of expediency and minimal movement, in case of spinal injuries. Which is fair enough.

Speaking from bitter personal experience, it is quite annoying. I lost a good jacket and pair of jeans that way, and got sent home in scantily arse covering hospital pyjamas. I vaguely remember that they even cut a necklace off as well.  Only myself to blame as I was rushed in there after an episode of youthful over indulgence!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sime42 said:

maybe they shouldn't be so free and easy with the scissors! I think the idea is that if they need to get a body undressed in A&E they just cut the clothes off with hardcore scissors, 

I told them their wee scissors wouldn't cut through the layers of ballistic in my trousers and to take them off. I almost cried when the scissors cut them no bother 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sime42 said:

No, they shouldn't hand out clothes, but maybe they shouldn't be so free and easy with the scissors! I think the idea is that if they need to get a body undressed in A&E they just cut the clothes off with hardcore scissors,  rather than undressing. In the name of expediency and minimal movement, in case of spinal injuries. Which is fair enough.

Speaking from bitter personal experience, it is quite annoying. I lost a good jacket and pair of jeans that way, and got sent home in scantily arse covering hospital pyjamas. I vaguely remember that they even cut a necklace off as well.  Only myself to blame as I was rushed in there after an episode of youthful over indulgence!

I’m surprised you even replied 42 seeing as that article wasn’t hot off the press that day 🤔

29 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I told them their wee scissors wouldn't cut through the layers of ballistic in my trousers and to take them off. I almost cried when the scissors cut them no bother 😉

I feel your pain. I wasn't aware of it when my clothes were being cut asunder, that was a small blessing at least.

Trauma Shears are what they use I think.

https://medtree.co.uk/trauma-shears

5 minutes ago, sime42 said:

I feel your pain. I wasn't aware of it when my clothes were being cut asunder, that was a small blessing at least.

Trauma Shears are what they use I think.

https://medtree.co.uk/trauma-shears

I had a set of Alpine Stars leathers cut off me and I could not give a fcuk . If the speed of which they were able to determine my injury's preventing me becoming a total raspberry was helped by that all well and good . 

• Like 9