Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Just now, sime42 said:
INEWS.CO.UK

Trusts in London and the South East are considering the option of setting up tents outside hospitals to triage patients...

Name a year when the hospitals in the UK have not claimed to be on the brink of collapse this time of year? All these Nightingale Hospital's sitting empty as well. I'll take the hyperbole with a pinch of salt when I see them over flooded as well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Name a year when the hospitals in the UK have not claimed to be on the brink of collapse this time of year? All these Nightingale Hospital's sitting empty as well. I'll take the hyperbole with a pinch of salt when I see them over flooded as well. 

There's no trained staff for the Nightingale hospitals. 
The NHS were struggling massively back in 2017/2018 before this covid thing:

WWW.NEWSTATESMAN.COM

Since 2010, the health service has endured the longest period of austerity in its history. 

Edited by Mark J

3 minutes ago, Mark J said:

There's no trained staff for the Nightingale hospitals. 
The NHS were struggling massively back in 2017/2018 before this covid thing:

WWW.NEWSTATESMAN.COM

Since 2010, the health service has endured the longest period of austerity in its history. 

Then they should have been training them up. Im not entirely convinced this is the entire truth either. Why build them if they cant staff them? Im more inclined to believe that they are simply not needed. 

What are the logistics of flying over trained staff? Im constantly told how badly the UK is handling the crisis, on that basis other countries must be doing vastly better than us to make that claim. As such there must be a plethora of trained staff all over the western world who we could entice over with fat pay cheques. We've blown so much money on nonsense already whats another billion when we could actually save some lives? 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2

I do not think any country has very much spare capacity in it's health service , why would it ?  surely it is tailored to need , no point in having lots of empty beds and staff with nothing to do ..I am surprised that there has been no mention of Belgium ( home of the EU in Brussels ) has the worst infection rate in the WORLD !!

• Like 2

WWW.BIRMINGHAMMAIL.CO.UK

A doctor's photo shows 15 ambulances queueing at the doors of A&E at the city's biggest hospital - a sure sign of the terrible pressure they are under

This doesn't look like any other year to me.

Is this just hyperbole again?

Does the Birmingham Mail count as Main Stream Media as well, i.e. not to be trusted?