Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

37 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I dont think the gloss is wearing off, where it ever there in the first place. I think collectively those with even a median level of intelligence are still letting out a deep slow breath that Labour did not win the last election. Johnson was by far the lesser of two evils when stood next to Corbyn. 

Many people who continually whine about Johnson and the Tories seem to suffer from conformation bias and will of course find links to back up their point of view. You simply cannot debate with these types. So the usual Twatter/Facebook ranters are all out in full force whinging at Johnson? I'll assume many just dont care about their point of view enough to bother replying to it. Ive seen a fellow Arbtalk member posting what I think is nonsense regarding this very issue and I'll not engage him there about it but will happily do so here.  

FA24B581-B154-45D7-8E82-C650C0AD6A4D.jpeg

• Like 3

Guest Gimlet
57 minutes ago, Stere said:

The Times is a  a Pinko press? ?

Nah its  tory but less "red trousers" than the telegraph who would support Boris even if he declared himself  King of UK, and his many offspring the new heirs.

Or went round starkers in public barking like a dog etc.

The Telegraph is pinko compared to my views and Boris Johnson is left of Blair on the things that matter to me.

But TBH I couldn't care less about the press (or the government). Since this virus shit started I've stopped following news on TV or online and I haven't picked up a newspaper. Now I even switch channels to skip nauseating we're-all-in-this-together TV ads and we-love-"our"-NHS shite and life is much better for it. 

It makes threads like this more entertaining because I no longer know the details of what you're arguing so it becomes just a clash of personalities which underlines the pointlessness of arguing in the first place. 

In the end, this country, like this world, is pathologically overcrowded and no amount of bickering will mend that catastrophe, and it makes no difference which metropolitan urban Canute obsessed with stoking ever more consumption, an ever higher population, and pursuing "growth" by burying more of the earth under concrete occupies no. 10. 

Edited by Gimlet

12 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

The Telegraph is pinko compared to my views and Boris Johnson is left of Blair on the things that matter to me.

But TBH I couldn't care less about the press (or the government). Since this virus shit started I've stopped following news on TV or online and I haven't picked up a newspaper. Now I even switch channels to skip nauseating we're-all-in-this-together TV ads and we-love-"our"-NHS shite and life is much better for it. 

It makes threads like this more entertaining because I no longer know the details of what you're arguing so it becomes just a clash of personalities which underlines the pointlessness of arguing in the first place. 

In the end, this country, like this world, is pathologically overcrowded and no amount of bickering will mend that catastrophe, and it makes no difference which metropolitan urban Canute obsessed with stoking ever more consumption, an ever higher population, and pursuing "growth" by burying more of the earth under concrete occupies no. 10. 

And the understandably uncomfortable truth that nobody wants to confront or discuss (most notable by their deafening silence are the so called “Greens”) is that population must be restricted to within sustainable levels according to the area inhabited. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

you can’t realistically expect any government to be totally ahead of every game and  expert in all fields

Why not?
If that is the case, then what's the point of them if they don't know what they're doing?
If I was responsible for looking after 70 odd million people, I'd be hiring the very best people.

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

On a different  totally non political  note once this is all done I’ll be down in Northumberland to see family and will need a dozen or so logs to mill up to do some repairs at my sisters stables, any ideas ??. You can buy me a coffee too and put it on  ltd company expenses ?

I'll be able to source, or point you in the right direction for logs. If I make some money off it, then by all means you can have a coffee on expenses. If not, I'll buy you a pint.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Why not?
If that is the case, then what's the point of them if they don't know what they're doing?
If I was responsible for looking after 70 odd million people, I'd be hiring the very best people.

I'll be able to source, or point you in the right direction for logs. If I make some money off it, then by all means you can have a coffee on expenses. If not, I'll buy you a pint.

Capitalist 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stere said:

Not all greens it seems

Eco fascism ? "Blood and Soil"  strand has being around for ages

So how about 1 child policy for the UK? with zero immigration allowed

In a few generations pop will head down to more sustainable levels...

Green and pleasant land

Im not sure if you're being facetious or not?

Anyway, introducing a one child policy would be simply unenforceable and clearly wrong on a lot of levels. It seems the better people are educated the less children they have. There is also the 'cultural' issue to deal with, a lot of these 'cultures' will continue to breed and breed and breed regardless. It also seems that the poverty class have way to many children. Reducing the massive hand-outs given to them might make them reconsider popping out child after child knowing fine well the tax payer will be picking up the tab for their up bringing. 

A huge step change is needed but there is far to many bleeding heart lefties that will whine and moan about any and every restriction put in place for the benefit of the future. 

I get my news from Facebook memes and the snapshot of this thread on the new posts list (I rarely venture in). I used to read the news like it mattered but gave up about four years ago. Freed up endless room in my mind. People obligingly bicker about details and adopting the Australian model for this and the Dutch model for that and none of it matters. They’re mainly slaves debating what kind of chains are best.
Does government still exist? Right, well let me know when that changes. Until then I’ve got some hammerite to go on.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3