Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

I remember turnin the telly over to find somethin more interesting once over..  low and behold theres Cheggars prancing around bollock naked with his things hangin out..   never been more shocked in all my life...

RIP cheggars 

Cause you did :sneaky2:

I bet you set your VCR :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

Indeed because he KNEW it was going to be the winner 

Very funny...  

As it is I never did buy a VCR or Betamax.. when they were new they were too expensive, when they came cheap I couldn't be bothered..

I can't think of anything more depressing than watchin somethin after its bin on't telly...   life's to short for that shit...

these days I just watch utube,, much more interesting than watching people prance around on the soaps pretending to be someone else..

as to knowing which platforms might win out, simple. its usually the one that comes out first.. much like bitcoin.. thats why its all the advantages over its rivals..   thats why your one pound bitcoin might turn into a million pound bitcoin...   though its somethin of a long shot even at that..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/darts-diane-abbott-tweet-blackface-alexandra-palace-pdc-world-championship-labour-a8114276.html

Do you ever read a news story and are unsure what you think about it?

I'm old enough to remember the Black & White Minstrel Show which in hindsight (and even at the time) was odd.

Is this ok? It’s funny for sure.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

13 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/darts-diane-abbott-tweet-blackface-alexandra-palace-pdc-world-championship-labour-a8114276.html

Do you ever read a news story and are unsure what you think about it?

I'm old enough to remember the Black & White Minstrel Show which in hindsight (and even at the time) was odd.

Is this ok? It’s funny for sure.

I suppose it’s how you interpret it, only guessing but I highly doubt it was done with malice more aimed at humour given the maths attached to the costume. 

Its easy to look at at it and think racist but the question is if a black person dressed up as a black person ie mrs Abbott would people see that as humour or racism which then leads to if whites can only do fancy dress as other whites and blacks only fancy dress as blacks is that not more racist in the sense that they don’t want to dress as someone other than their skin colour and does it suppress multiculturism and create seclusion?

hmm what a complicated world we live in. 

Personally im not racist, fortunately not been at the thick end of racism against me have a sense of humour and see it as intended humour and in all honesty because of the maths can see the humour intended. 

Anybody need me im over here under my tin hat!