Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

being born in 1978 I wasn't around when the EU formed, now if it had stuck to simply making EU countries work together to compete with the global power houses that would have been fine, but once it started blurring the borders and creating one grey state void of national identity, that's what got up my nose.

I worked in Brussels in 91 for the European Commission in the run up to EU. The EU started as a union on 1st January 1993.

Even back then it was a gravy train for the euro middle classes.

I worked for DG5, working conditions and labour law.

Social charter stuff.

Minimum working wage, max working hours, etc.

Now we have "brexit",

We will have no human rights, no working rights and will soon be back on £3 an hour. " so we can have our country back".

Most people sadly haven't got a clue as to the workings of the British government/Whitehall and their complicity with big business, let alone the complexity of a multinational union and the myriad of variables involved.

And I'm really trying not to mention American involvement with european politics in the 20th century.

You actually believe Brussels is in charge!

Go read history.

It's really, really scary.

Just my tuppence.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I don't think anyone, including those in charge, actually know how it all works it's all far too complex and convoluted.

That makes I easy for me to make a judgement call and vote, on a personal level would I want unknown people deciding what's best for me, handing them money to get some back but being told what to spend it on? Nope, so voting out was an easy decision

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

"We will have no human rights, no working rights and will soon be back on £3 an hour." TBH I doubt the British public will allow that, and i'd say the EU is governed by unseen forces as much as old Britain, at least now the government can't blame Brussels, the countries problems will lie firmly with those who promised to make them go away. Accountability.

I worked in Brussels in 91 for the European Commission in the run up to EU. The EU started as a union on 1st January 1993.

Even back then it was a gravy train for the euro middle classes.

I worked for DG5, working conditions and labour law.

Social charter stuff.

Minimum working wage, max working hours, etc.

Now we have "brexit",

We will have no human rights, no working rights and will soon be back on £3 an hour. " so we can have our country back".

Most people sadly haven't got a clue as to the workings of the British government/Whitehall and their complicity with big business, let alone the complexity of a multinational union and the myriad of variables involved.

And I'm really trying not to mention American involvement with european politics in the 20th century.

You actually believe Brussels is in charge!

Go read history.

It's really, really scary.

Just my tuppence.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Which is fine when you are (In the know).

The rest of us can only go by what we read, listen to, and watch when it comes to voting.

Maybe, just maybe, if we weren't treated like Mushrooms the Referendum result might have been different.

Which is fine when you are (In the know).

The rest of us can only go by what we read, listen to, and watch when it comes to voting.

Maybe, just maybe, if we weren't treated like Mushrooms the Referendum result might have been different.

Knowledge is power.

Now we have "brexit",

Really? We had no human rights before the EU?

It's no wonder people voted Brexit when you bremoaners make stuff up.

I'd imagine many people here weren't even alive in 1973.....

Whats that to do with anything?.. I suppose we aught have a new treaty every new generation going on that logic..

perhaps we can negotiate a new treaty that gets america back?... see how that goes :thumbdown: