Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

People really aught educate themselves, no matter who's in power recessions come and go. its a business cycle rolling along on a world wide scale..

To blame Labour or the Tories is just blaming the symptoms of global slowdowns on something they can't control..

I see the early signs of a recession creeping up on us as we speak, house price stagnation being a first sign..

Perhaps our Teresa called the election partly to get elected before the sht hits the fan?..

Matty, I could see the signs of a global meltdown years before it took place, If I was in your shoes I'd of based my business model on one that would survive a recession..

Instead of blaming Labour, I'd take a look at were you went wrong..

It didn't go wrong ,Survived the recession ...it grew slowly got better under the coalition and then seemed to explode when it went , confidence in spending ? but I was not expecting the grow that much and all...

I can think of all my brickie and plumber mates who moved of to OZ and NZ as there was nothing here... just about every building site had shut down.

Old news eggs... is it relevant after his trident u turn though?? Probably not

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/british-army-could-stage-mutiny-under-corbyn-says-senior-serving-general-10509742.html%3Famp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/almost-nobody-would-support-generals-military-coup-against-jeremy-corbyn-poll-finds-a6698521.html%3Famp

I think his u turn on trident and seemingly to drop his complete pacifist stance as it was upsetting a few folk in the MOD could of been down to the above ..so it probably would not happen hey? Unless he does a u turn again.

An unnamed army general....... Sorry Matty, I'm not wearing it.

People really aught educate themselves, no matter who's in power recessions come and go. its a business cycle rolling along on a world wide scale..

To blame Labour or the Tories is just blaming the symptoms of global slowdowns on something they can't control..

I see the early signs of a recession creeping up on us as we speak, house price stagnation being a first sign..

Perhaps our Teresa called the election partly to get elected before the sht hits the fan?..

Matty, I could see the signs of a global meltdown years before it took place, If I was in your shoes I'd of based my business model on one that would survive a recession..

Instead of blaming Labour, I'd take a look at were you went wrong..

House prices stagnating:lol:

If the market is anywhere near correct my Bungalow is worth £100k more than I paid for it 9 years ago.

Some of this makes me laugh-the governent are not in control of our economy,the banks are.

The problem lies in the government serving the needs of banks and companies before the needs of the people.

The tories have time and time again surrendered to the will of big companies by giving them tax breaks to the tune of billions when our own citizens are being subjected to Atos interviews to cut benefits for those who really need help.

I dont think Labour have all the answers but they are a better prospect than Theresa May and her cohorts.

Some of this makes me laugh-the governent are not in control of our economy,the banks are.

The problem lies in the government serving the needs of banks and companies before the needs of the people.

The tories have time and time again surrendered to the will of big companies by giving them tax breaks to the tune of billions when our own citizens are being subjected to Atos interviews to cut benefits for those who really need help.

I dont think Labour have all the answers but they are a better prospect than Theresa May and her cohorts.

Amber Rudd showed the true party line when she tried to justify arms sales to Saudi. Basically anything goes as long as big multinational firms can make lots of money.

It didn't go wrong ,Survived the recession ...it grew slowly got better under the coalition and then seemed to explode when it went , confidence in spending ? but I was not expecting the grow that much and all...

I can think of all my brickie and plumber mates who moved of to OZ and NZ as there was nothing here... just about every building site had shut down.

usually takes fifteen years for a business to mature from scratch.. you've just described a classic business model.. nothing to do with who was in or out of power then.. just determination to get the job done...

So, no need to blame labour for a slow start, or give credit to the Tories just because they were around as your business took off..

eggarascal

well if your bungalow is now worth 100thousand more, might explain why stats are showing a slowdown.. what can't go on

, wont go on..

usually takes fifteen years for a business to mature from scratch.. you've just described a classic business model.. nothing to do with who was in or out of power then.. just determination to get the job done...

So, no need to blame labour for a slow start, or give credit to the Tories just because they were around as your business took off..

eggarascal

well if your bungalow is now worth 100thousand more, might explain why stats are showing a slowdown.. what can't go on

, wont go on..

It will go on. I'm not saying it's right, but the fact of the matter is we don't build enough houses.

Have a look here Vesp.

House prices | Anglia - ITV News