Brexit impact

Logsnstuff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same. I was going to wait till the APF to buy new saw and replace boots and trousers but might go for it now!

The conversion isn't too bad at the moment I paid an invoice too Germany on Thursday morning it was just over €2.8k in anticipation of turmoil in the stock market

if I had left that payment until tonight I would have had too pay an extra €43.62

So not tooo bad considering what had been forecasted if we left the EU

The conversion isn't too bad at the moment I paid an invoice too Germany on Thursday morning it was just over €2.8k in anticipation of turmoil in the stock market

if I had left that payment until tonight I would have had too pay an extra €43.62

Exactly. Scaremongering idiots.

Shavey. Can you send me some (current) prices for the small Dolmars, suitable for pruning or carving please mate? :thumbup1:

Get in before the Germans inflict their retribution I say :thumbup:

Cheers for that info.. Puts it into perspective :thumbup1:

This is just my humble opinion here...

When I studied economics - admittedly when dinosaurs were still around, the theory was..

If the pound drops against other currencies it will make imports more expensive, so maybe 'we' will buy less imported goods. It will make our exports cheaper and thus help UK companies to export.

It will also depend on our industries being able to respond to the opportunity and compete with the likes of Europe, USA, Korea and China to name but a few.

As far as coming out of the EU is concerned there may be tarrifs imposed to reduce the export benefits and still keep our imports more expensive. The uncertainty is that nobody really knows how such political shenanigins will pan out.

In exchange for this unknown development the UK will have more freedom to impose its own rules on imigration, import duties, laws and so on.

As ever with a political organisation its about how the UK will fund its new ideas, whether the politicians have the balls to commit to a sustainable long-term strategy or just go back to the spineless 4 year give-away tactic to make sure they are re-elected.

There are so many variables I don't see how we can confidently predict anything, good or bad.

Finally, the turn-out for the referendum was higher than any General Election I can remember. Was that because every vote counted- no constituency grouping?

I personally feel that until we apply proportional representation we will be held back by this faffing about for short-term gains.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said the European Union has "no need to be particularly nasty in any way" in the negotiations with Britain about its exit from the bloc.

She insisted that deterring other countries from leaving the EU should not be a priority in the talks.

And she added she was not in favour of pushing for a speedy withdrawal.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36630326

Very sympathetic i think.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said the European Union has "no need to be particularly nasty in any way" in the negotiations with Britain about its exit from the bloc.

She insisted that deterring other countries from leaving the EU should not be a priority in the talks.

And she added she was not in favour of pushing for a speedy withdrawal.

Brexit: Merkel says 'no need to be nasty' in leaving talks - BBC News

Very sympathetic i think.

Yes I heard that, she is the biggest of the big hitters, so what she says goes, good for her :thumbup1: