Human intelligence

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the problem. Surely they are only walking the dog and "will be back in a minute."

I think there are a lot of stupid people out there but more and more who know what they are doing but just don't give a fook about anyone else, which is 10 worse imo.

Get it at home people drive up to walk thier dogs across the fields across the road, had them park across the end of the drive before but favourite one is to park full on the road right on the T junction so you nearly run into them turning into the road, also means when I get home can't park outside my own house if thier full on the road like that as would block the road, mind best one was the cheeky two hat who not only parked across the drive bit then dropped his bag of dog poo in our front garden! Mrs saw him from the kitchen window and legged it out and threw it at his back window as they were driving off, apparently burst all over the window, that one's not been back since 😂

... gate entrances are looked upon as carparks despite plenty of signs up warning folk to keep them clear...

In my experience, too many people and all too often, either don't bother reading signs or else ignore what they've just read, with a 'That doesn't apply to me' attitude. Yet these same types would be initiating organised mass protects and writing to papers if it happened to them.

• Don't block gate

• Please close the gate

• Please use this path

• Please use gate and do not climb over fence or wall

• Please park with consideration

• Access needed 24hrs. Do not park

• Please take your litter home / with you

• Please put litter / dog waste in the provided bins

• Fires prohibited Do not light fires

• Do not abandon cars in lane

• Farm entrance only Please do not block

All of the above and more have all been ignored by countless people. And if someone observes another ignoring a sign, then all too often, they will do the same without even a pause to read the sign.

A memorable one, was being shouted at, for not being informed that his lowered suspension car could have its exhaust detached, if he drove over the signed and yellow painted speed ramps at 50+ mph. This was on a private road with a 10mph limit.

He threatened to sue me, then the landowner and finally called the police. The police came and basically told him and his three mates, that they were jerks; didn't have a legal leg to stand on; that if it had happened on a public road he nick them; and finally he advised them to avoid further encounters with the police, (as he was sure they'd continue to break rules and more probably laws) by leaving the county that day.

I later heard from the police on a separate call-out. That they did leave the county that day or the next. But not before being done for speeding twice, damaging public property and being done for threatening behaviour and assaulting a police officer. I seem to remember that they were repatriated to their home town/city and the car was impounded, (having been involved with other unspecified crimes.

I'm not saying everyone has an idiot inside waiting for release. Just that I've seen a lot that are idiots 24/7 and a great many more, for whom being a jerk seems to come naturally. It gets worse when they're drunk or on drugs or accompanied by someone they feel they ought to impress, i.e. their partner, their children, their boss, their more financially successful friend.

Edited by TGB

Get it at home people drive up to walk thier dogs across the fields across the road, had them park across the end of the drive before but favourite one is to park full on the road right on the T junction so you nearly run into them turning into the road, also means when I get home can't park outside my own house if thier full on the road like that as would block the road, mind best one was the cheeky two hat who not only parked across the drive bit then dropped his bag of dog poo in our front garden! Mrs saw him from the kitchen window and legged it out and threw it at his back window as they were driving off, apparently burst all over the window, that one's not been back since 😂

That's a fantastick result.

A guy I know who is a builder (and also a bouncer so you can guess what he looks like!!) lives close to Newcastle city centre and returned home one Saturday afternoon to find a BMW on his drive. He parked across the bottom of the drive and went in to ask his wife who the car belonged to. She thought it was one of his mates.

A few hours later there was a knock at the door and a guy standing there asking if he knew who the car belonged to that was across the bottom of the drive. Geordie replied he didn't and thought it could be someone who had gone to the match in town. "That's where I've been" said the stranger "but I can't get my car off your drive now!".

Apparently he came back every day for a week to try and get his car back before Geordie explained it was his car blocking him in and if he ever parked on his drive again he would punch his bleeding lights out!!