Another mk2 zig zag fail

Stephen Blair

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine went today in two places, OK at start of clime and while I was having an idle moment at the top just happened to notice 1 then the other, wounder if the cold can affect it as my zillion also cracked today and I bet the temp never got above freezing all day with us.

1456768710803.jpg.3a3e35f3871d1d004be48940547ef997.jpg

Why does everyone get so wound up about this. Look on the other hand, it's broken in 5 places but has still been life supporting. I had 2 zig zags crack, I continued climbing on them for ages until I got around to replacing them.

Fact it it should never have happened in the first place, let alone on the revised mark two.

You can't be checking you're kit constantly throughout your climb, and if that piece of kit suffered a shock load, I wouldn't be confident that it would do it's job.

Fact it it should never have happened in the first place, let alone on the revised mark two.

You can't be checking you're kit constantly throughout your climb, and if that piece of kit suffered a shock load, I wouldn't be confident that it would do it's job.

It is bad that they crack, however I don't believe one has actually come apart.

My mark 2 cracked within a few months of getting it, its the top link, so I would argue not critical. I have continued to use mine and the crack has not altered at all despite the best part of 12 months continued use.

I would not continue to use Stevie's with so many cracks, but I don't personally think there is any chance of one actually coming apart even if shock loaded.

I would not continue to use Stevie's with so many cracks, but I don't personally think there is any chance of one actually coming apart even if shock loaded.

It would be interesting to put a cracked one on a force gauge to see how much pressure/weight would cause it to fail