Muscle recovery in the Milky Way....

SteveA

How do you ease your muscles after a hard days work?....  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How do you ease your muscles after a hard days work?....

• I drink a glass of milk, or a milk in a bowl of cornflakes, etc?...
    • I hate milk, it makes me wanna vom!
    • I don't think about it - I just ache, go to bed, and wake up aching.
    • Something else.... (feel free to comment):

I used to love milk and would consume a fair amount of it. Usually full fat or Jersey and organic.

It seems I've recently developed lactose intolerance, which is a real downer for me because I love vast quantities of milk, cheese, butter etc. Strangely though, and with no placebo effect possible as I've just read this and hadn't considered it, I've been hurting a lot more recently than normal. Work hasn't changed but my body is really tightening up and my joints hurt more. I'd say that this came on not long after I cut out a lot of the milk based products from my diet.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love milk and would consume a fair amount of it. Usually full fat or Jersey and organic.

It seems I've recently developed lactose intolerance, which is a real downer for me because I love vast quantities of milk, cheese, butter etc. Strangely though, and with no placebo effect possible as I've just read this and hadn't considered it, I've been hurting a lot more recently than normal. Work hasn't changed but my body is really tightening up and my joints hurt more. I'd say that this came on not long after I cut out a lot of the milk based products from my diet.

That's interesting to hear - have you had to cut it out entirely? I know little to nothing about being lactose intolerant... do people get intolerant to it because they've had too much?

I also love cheese, proper butter, full fat milk and if I had to give them up I'd be pretty darn glum about that! :001_huh:

cheers, steve

Protein shakes....

Take one at lunch time, that one helps recover the morning's work.

Then another when I'm finished, same as before - to recover from that work.

Along with the protein, they usually have micro / macro nutrients to aid muscle recovery.

And before anyone says, I ain't a body builder...

PS's aren't just for body builders, I've heard they're being 'prescribed' by some doctors to the 'older' generation as they say as you get older, your body starts to struggle to absorb protein from normal food....

That's interesting to hear - have you had to cut it out entirely? I know little to nothing about being lactose intolerant... do people get intolerant to it because they've had too much?

I also love cheese, proper butter, full fat milk and if I had to give them up I'd be pretty darn glum about that! :001_huh:

cheers, steve

I have a milk intolerance, funny enough I used to drink loads of the stuff aswell.

However I can drink goats full fat milk, butter and cheese without any issues, we have a goats cheese that blows your head off :)

I don't think it's something that comes on with having too much, my youngest son was born with it.

I have a milk intolerance, funny enough I used to drink loads of the stuff aswell.

However I can drink goats full fat milk, butter and cheese without any issues, we have a goats cheese that blows your head off :)

I don't think it's something that comes on with having too much, my youngest son was born with it.

What symptoms do you have due to your intolerance? ie, do you come out in a rash, barf it up, get a headache, sneeze profusely, get the squits? (hopefully not all of those at once!).

cheers, steve

A liter of goats milk, in the car, on the way home. Rehyrdates, replenished electrolytes, 30 grams of the most bioavailable protein found in nature. Nectar.

Or if you intolerant, BulkPowders pure whey isolate.

And if you worried about your prostate, just get regular exams......and enjoy them.

The half fat goats milk tastes similar to the old sterilised milk, which I loved but can't get in NZ. I have at least a pint of cows milk every night and have now moved on to the non homogenised organic stuff. There's some places in NZ that are now doing the raw milk and I'll be in to that given half a chance.

At my age I should be getting regular exams anyway but apparently it can all be done by blood test these days so I need to talk to my doctor I think :)