Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

[ATTACH]199752[/ATTACH]well I popped in to the local dealer to get a new carrier for my 150 and came out with this

This is how I have been led to believe they should come as standard. I believe forest and arb supply it with this bar and chain combo

So I spent the day deadwooding oak with the new echo 25/10 with carving bar and 1/4 chain , the saw is so light , lighter than the 150 and noticeable , but the chain , well it just ain't as good as the one on the 150. It feels rough in the cut, jumpy judderey whereas the 150 is so smooth , so I think I'm gonna have to mod a 150 bar and chain on , the saw it self feels great though

I've said it before. A lot of engineering and work has gone into this very promising little saw.

To lumber it with rubbish cutting gear is a crying shame.

They could have made a 150 beater here, but apparently, they haven't.

The PHO should be evaluated separately to the B&C imo...

It's a brand new saw with issues, like pretty much every other new saw that hits the market. Dropped mine back in today, they're going to have a look see and hopefully get a 1/4 sprocket sorted. Or he might just tell me that's the way the saw is, and I'll have to give the nice shiny carving bar back *cry*

General confusion though, the guys at the shop seem to generally agree that the chain is to big for the saw.

I've said it before. A lot of engineering and work has gone into this very promising little saw.

To lumber it with rubbish cutting gear is a crying shame.

They could have made a 150 beater here, but apparently, they haven't.

I think they have produced a 150 beater, stronger plastics, better bar oiling, lighter,smaller, faster in the cut and equally good ergos.

The bar and chain, I'm running the 3/8, is of good quality, certainly not rubish, and after a resharpen seems to have settled down nicely, maybe not as smooth as the 150's chain setup, but certainly not an issue for me in live wood.

I have not tried the 1/4 chain so I'm not qualified to pass judgement on it, have you Joe?:001_smile:

In my opinion looking at the whole package, it is way better than the 150, and I have both to use, both are good saws, the Echo is just better all considered imo:001_smile:

It's a brand new saw with issues, like pretty much every other new saw that hits the market. Dropped mine back in today, they're going to have a look see and hopefully get a 1/4 sprocket sorted. Or he might just tell me that's the way the saw is, and I'll have to give the nice shiny carving bar back *cry*

General confusion though, the guys at the shop seem to generally agree that the chain is to big for the saw.

Echo produce a sprocket for the 1/4 chain, it's the 8 tooth one, as against the 6 tooth for the 3/8 chain.