Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

Heya all, I've been debating buying a new top handle for a while now, but wasn't sold on either the stihl or the husky, so I ended up going for the new echo 2510, after really enjoying using the stihl 150.

I'll use the saw along side my 200t.

The saw cost 335 all in from radmore and tucker, first impressions are that it is tiny! The saw feels well built and solid. I noticed it has a walbro carb which I thought was a nice touch.

The only thing that takes away from the saw is the 3/8th chain that comes standard on this saw, compared with the 1/4 on the stihl 150. I just think it's pointless to run a chain that big on such a tiny saw, it will still pull the bar through field maple no worries, just not very smoothly.. So I think I'll try and find a 1/4 drive sprocket... (If anyone has converted a saw any advice would be appreciated!)

Ta!

DSC_0111.jpg.40ba8b0087b918c049869c3e29f43459.jpg

I've only used the 150 and would say that after my Nakanoto it is the best light cutting device i have ever used....i just thought the Echo looked lighter??? Need to check the stats Joe...

Stats are that the Echo is lighter with more power, Paul.

It's all irrelevant if they've lumped it with an insufficient cutting gear.

I have just taken mine into a tree for the first time, it is a great saw in the hand, very light and small, the stock chain is a little course in the cut, and I agree a smaller chain would be an asset in light pruning work, these light saws struggle to contain the vibes of a heavier chain,as they have not the mass to absorb them.

It is more pokey than the 150, probably about the equal of an exhaust model one, with stronger plastics yet being lighter and more compact.

The air filter is a work of art, and the handle very ergonomic.

I think with the smaller chain on it will be the best small topper out there by some distance.

Thought as much! After a bit of trawling It looks like you can get a 1/4" drive sprocket and oregon do sell a 1/4" chain with a 1.3 mm drive link width, which (I think) would fit the standard bar. Or just be done with it and get a sugihara carving bar kit :001_smile: (I've messaged chainsaw bars)

Edited by Maxnaggle