Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

£50? Idiot.

Does it high-clip as well as the 540?

Richie let's see if Rob will do a bulk discount for 2!

£35??

Actually the strop ring is well engineered, but it doesn't work great for short clipping with a lanyard cinched to it. It swivels, making it tough to unclip.

Bought one of them posh recoil lanyards.

Mine's on a 10 inch stihl chain and carving bar. I know you all tink I'm mad but i decided to really push the saw to the limits, hence me knocking out large diameter limbs rather than getting the 560XP on a 20 inch bar sent up. This tiny Echo is a shockingly capable saw and it's gonna render my Echo 360TES obsolete! I reckon all climbing saws shud sport this .43 gauge chain/bar combination as it makes for less climber fatigue and cleaner/crisper cuts. Echo are gonna sell a serious number of these units. Anyone new to this game and reading this and is confused as to whether to buy a small topper (Echo 2510TES, Stihl MS150T ETC) versus a full fat version (stihl 201T, Echo 360TES, Husky 540XP etc) shud in my opinion buy a tiny Echo or Stihl.

Mine's on a 10 inch stihl chain and carving bar. I know you all tink I'm mad but i decided to really push the saw to the limits, hence me knocking out large diameter limbs rather than getting the 560XP on a 20 inch bar sent up. This tiny Echo is a shockingly capable saw and it's gonna render my Echo 360TES obsolete! I reckon all climbing saws shud sport this .43 gauge chain/bar combination as it makes for less climber fatigue and cleaner/crisper cuts. Echo are gonna sell a serious number of these units. Anyone new to this game and reading this and is confused as to whether to buy a small topper (Echo 2510TES, Stihl MS150T ETC) versus a full fat version (stihl 201T, Echo 360TES, Husky 540XP etc) shud in my opinion buy a tiny Echo or Stihl.

Gotta agree mate. When you first compared it to a full fat topper I wrote your opinion off as that of another Echo fanboy. I was properly skeptical.

I was wrong. Apologies.

Gotta agree mate. When you first compared it to a full fat topper I wrote your opinion off as that of another Echo fanboy. I was properly skeptical.

I was wrong. Apologies.

no worries Joe, i'm a fanboy of no particular brand. I simply buy whatever i feel is good for me regardless of manufacturer and price. I like models from Husky, Stihl, Echo, Dolmar etc but i'm very picky as to which model i will buy after i have researched it and stroked my beard awhile afore committing to a purchase. As fer people who feel red faced when contemplating buying any udder brand apart from Husky or Stihl, 'i feel fer ya bro!' but i'm capable of making my own mind up when it comes to saws regardless of the Brand or assumed 'Kudos'.

no worries Joe, i'm a fanboy of no particular brand. I simply buy whatever i feel is good for me regardless of manufacturer and price. I like models from Husky, Stihl, Echo, Dolmar etc but i'm very picky as to which model i will buy after i have researched it and stroked my beard awhile afore committing to a purchase. As fer people who feel red faced when contemplating buying any udder brand apart from Husky or Stihl, 'i feel fer ya bro!' but i'm capable of making my own mind up when it comes to saws regardless of the Brand or assumed 'Kudos'.

I'm the same mate. This echo is (IMO) the one saw in their line up that really stands out.

Apart from the beard stroking. My chin looks like a 14 year olds ball sack.

After reading this thread I'm gonna buy a tiny echo! Hopefully rob d will get another batch in as is rather get it with the Stihl bar and chain that he was doing!

You won't regret it, it is a lovely saw and an asset in your climing armory.:001_smile: