Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

Did a medium /large oak dismantle yesserday and was shocked as to how capable this wee saw is. It was coping with 14 inch diameter limbs with aplomb. I reckon it would give a MS200T a run fer its money.

What size bar has it got to do 14 inch limbs with??

I wasn't on about the sticky Vicky mag. I was on about the oil dropper on the cream carpet. Mrs R weighs in at at 9 stone with her entire wardrobe on but even I wouldn't fancy my chances if I done the same trick. Good luck when she sees what you done matey :biggrin:

The saw hasn't ever seen chain oil mate.

Not that it matters. Our carpet is a "wipe your feet on the way out" type affair.

Wine, bolognese, curry, coffee, you name it. Our deposit is in the wind :D

The saw hasn't ever seen chain oil mate.

Not that it matters. Our carpet is a "wipe your feet on the way out" type affair.

Wine, bolognese, curry, coffee, you name it. Our deposit is in the wind :D

It sounds like paradise. We started renting a house last month. I got to start undressing about 5 miles away from the house or the Mrs won't let me in the door

It sounds like paradise. We started renting a house last month. I got to start undressing about 5 miles away from the house or the Mrs won't let me in the door

Get a great big stain on the carpet, suffer the abuse for a few days, and then get on with life.

It's liberating once you mentally write off your deposit.

That said, lizzie is almost as bad as me for knocking stuff over so I don't get too much abuse.

So, took the Echo out for a play today. First time it's seen fuel.

Started it up and left it running while I put my glad rags on. Small cherry to kill. 15" at base.

Ticking over this saw sounds like a purring tiger... on Speed. It's a happy noise.

Even fresh out of the box and not bedded in it picks up quickly. This was one thing I was concerned about. The 150t is a nippy saw, and the Echo 360tes that I used took a while to get going. Not the case here.

I stripped out the small side limbs and top pretty quickly. I was already impressed. Then I started on the stem. The power is lovely. If you let the chain cut under it's own steam it handles timber above bar length happily. Noticeably more torquey than the 150t.

The weight doesn't feel particularly lighter than the 150 at first, until you start to swing it around in one hand at full reach. It's definitely more wieldable.

The only negative points I can muster up are the slightly unrefined on off switch, and the plastic bit that keeps the oil cap attached to the saw can obscure the oil filler hole a bit. Just means you have to pour slowly. Nothing at all really.

Bear in mind that the Kioritz engine will bed itself in after a few tanks, and the power will increase further.

One point to note. If you remove the Spark Screen and don't put the screw back in, you end up with a small melted hole in the exhaust cover.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1460739958.994342.jpg.1df23a8796511977aa64ca4b8b5a8955.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1460739924.508917.jpg.df0e154d1ec2c1e4e2d99c285f3c2ff5.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1460739935.796070.jpg.8e390661fde10460c41decbac6291ee3.jpg