bloody mice!

simonm

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I second that if you've mice it will be pretty sure you don't have a rat problem. If the mice are outside and not causing too much offence then I'd leave 'em and try to sharpen the cats up a bit as suggested.

I do not agree that a knock will do a rat they are as tenacious as can be. I have trapped many which have evidence of previous "accident" damage like scars and missing limbs and have shot them with airgun and .410 and seen them get up and run. A quite sharp terrier will leave no walking wounded for sure.

I had them eating the bird food, quite tame got close enough for a good picture with my phone.

I dont think you will ever get rid of them, its their bigger cousins that I get rid of.

H-A

Me too mice I tolerate in the garden but trap them if they get in the house, rats I don't want anywhere near me.

Woodmice can be a problem though, one ate through the wiring on the county, took me ages to find the break behind the instrument panel.

When we had mice in the loft I put lots of bait bags down, only to find the little buggers were completely immune to the stuff and were happily feasting on it and growing in numbers, so had to go for some stupidly expensive poison that sorted them out in no time.

I'm working on solving my own mouse problem at the minute..

Not sure if I should catch em or kill em..

I want to catch em really but wonder if its worth the trouble..

The cats next to useless so was working on using a trap of sorts..

Now rats, can't ****** stand them, woke up one night some years back to the noise of one scurrying under the bed, I heard it squeeze under the bedroom door to make what I assumed must be its nightly food rounds...

I got out of bed and went to find somethin to block the door off so it couldn't get back in.

Nailed a piece of thin plywood to the bottom of the door thinkin it'd do the trick until the morn when I could set to work on somethin more permanent..

Fell back asleep only to wake up to the sound of the rat attempting to bash its way back in,,, (hahah, never get in I thought and went back to sleep)..

Got up, piece of wood knocked off the door and feathers leading under the bed..

Moved the bed to find a dead headless pigeon wedged into what must of been the rats escape hole....

to think it must of bin livin there for a while an I never knew it..

Anyways, never again, any rats round here gets it anyway which way I can get em..

We have had mice and rats, mice I can put up with in the garden but had them in the loft and workshop so got a load of rat poison from Wilkinson and it sorted them out PDQ:thumbup:

Living out in the sticks, we get rats in the garden after the birdfood in the winter but the 0.22 PCP deals with them - had the thing in bits once and the wife screamed "we have a rat in the garden" - not a follow up to UB40s Rat in the Kitchen:lol:

Grabbed the .177 TX200 and dispatched the big bugger - pretty effective:thumbup:

The neighbour said that he needed my air rifle one year as he had seen a rat - the wife said "don't worry, Steve has shot it":thumbup:

Rats - hate them:thumbdown:

Wow, 'punt them'? As in kick them? Were you one of those loner kids who'd pour salt on slugs and burn ants with a magnifying glass? I go hunting so I'm no stranger to killing animals, but it's done humanely. Any creature thats going to die deserves a bit of dignity.

They were not alive during the punting 😐 Hunter by name hunter by nature

I made a trap the same as my old boy used years ago, mesh box with a mesh tube full of food they can get in but once the food is tanned they can't get out 👌