The D.I.Y arb truck chip body thread

steve7962

Alli planking is from J Adams at Scissett, you don't need to weld the alli, just the steel sub frame, everything else slots together and is riveted or bolted

Ahh I see. I didn't really think about it. Just saw some that had welded alli and assumed I would have to learn yet another skill to add to the long list us arborists seem to have haha. Not doing it for a while as its money and time but just good to know how to go about things and be prepared.

Thanks for the help mate

TImageUploadedByArbtalk1446074555.987515.jpg.ce1adec79394498b25d9d414224c4e21.jpg

Here's the old truck, Ali sheet 3mm riveted to 3mmX40mmX40mm steel box, with 20mmX20mm box between each frame at each end. cost maybe £280 if my memory serves me right. And some ply as a bulkhead that was tied up when chipping, lowered when not.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1446074520.773387.jpg.cf0040b66b8b413ba45a7e3fc69d01bd.jpg

i built this for one job where i needed to go across some grass and take the chip away, the gap to get in was too wide for the unimog. worked ok and carried a surprising amount of chip when i had to hand ball it out.

for one job!!!...

you sayin you don't intend using it after the jobs finished?....

If it ain't eatin nothin, might as well keep it..

T[ATTACH]192334[/ATTACH][ATTACH]192335[/ATTACH]

Here's the old truck, Ali sheet 3mm riveted to 3mmX40mmX40mm steel box, with 20mmX20mm box between each frame at each end. cost maybe £280 if my memory serves me right. And some ply as a bulkhead that was tied up when chipping, lowered when not.

Yeah a good cheap way of building chip body's!! Ten times better than sheets of ply