The D.I.Y arb truck chip body thread

steve7962

You wish, those high tip bodies are monumentaly heavy

I'm only using the sissor gear I'll be mounting an alloy body on top of the frame the body is getting cut off and scrapped,

But as it happens the whole thing is not that heavy as I lifted it with a cherry picker !!

Hi Joel77, can ya do a blog on this project please. Is that a 6.5 tonner ?:thumbup1:

Will do !! Iv got the log grab already just searching for the right Hiab to suit the truck & yes it's a 6 tonner so no worry about over loading, also will be fitting winch,s back & front

I'm only using the sissor gear I'll be mounting an alloy body on top of the frame the body is getting cut off and scrapped,

But as it happens the whole thing is not that heavy as I lifted it with a cherry picker !!

Anything in the 3500 kg range is easy to overload, why do you need the high tip?

Anything in the 3500 kg range is easy to overload, why do you need the high tip?

So I can tip off in to skips, one of the jobs I do the wast needs to go back the client,s yard and put in skips and there's no way We're going to shovel of s tipper it's just too much unessary work at the end of the day

Also be nice to tip in neat piles at my yard with out spending chip 20ft across yard

The truck will be same as most tippers about 2600kg give or take

Refer to my original comment.

FFS - if you want to build a business as a pro outfit, why waste your time looking like that on your first outing?

You only get one chance to make a first impression.

He went to the trouble of posting a pic, why be so harsh..

and anyway, how do you know it wasn't only done for the day for work in some farmers field, who's gonna see it then and pass judgement..

Maybe he was flat broke, maybe he ain't got stacks of cash to throw around..

Maybe we got to start somewhere with less..

Maybe you aught to keep your opinions to yourself..:thumbdown: