Alpine tractor talk

the village idiot

First post, been lurking for ages but this thread made me want to show mine - a yellow variant.

Had it for a couple of years and love it. Used around a slopey plot of 10 acres. The extra wheels aren't strictly necessary but when carrying something tall and heavy across hills, the wheels give add a bit of confidence.

I was originally was going to get an Avant loader but even when test driving it on the gentle slopes the vendor looked a little too cautious so I then came across these alpine tractors.

I'm slowly buying and making/adapting various attachments but it is an expensive business. They are amazingly strong, this one is 50hp and easily picks up the 1.5 metre flail which weighs 410kg. It can just manage a ton bag of sand on pallet forks with the aid of a hydraulic top link.

I wish there was more information about these things on the internet, there's a few Italian forums that go into detail but the google translator is not really up to the job, ideally it would be great to have a way of sharing ideas and plans relating to these tractors.

I have just finished adapting a concrete hopper to go on the rear lift so I can transport the stuff around the slopes.

pasq1.jpg.36f9fed925bc5796d00ddffa50ef4151.jpg

pasq4.jpg.3b8bdd3ac7deb251421fc5c00ce1bca5.jpg

pasq2.jpg.f3f598765d8e4e46955828bf83149cb1.jpg

pasq3.jpg.8f49d3310f4e80424423890265ebb0c0.jpg

thanks for the comments. Its had some thought gone into it.

here are some vids of it heather cutting and skidding a decent size scots pine upto the track. The winch is steady but as mentioned its mainly there for an aid for getting hangers down and self recovery. I would rather be carrying the winch compared to a block of weights on the sites Im on

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

@Charlieh

Do you have any vids with the duals attached, it does look excellent.

Codlasher - I think it is still the case to some extent, I've had to adapt a few attachments. These alpine tractors' compactness can be a disadvantage - I've found that there is so little room at the back that things bash into each other very quickly.

I had to weld up a new link-lock for my McConnel forklift because the original was too big. ( it can be seen on the grass in the last photo)

I would love to see what attachments other people have made for their tractors.

Also, I have a question for people with the Eos/Valiant/cobram tractors that have front loaders fitted - Where and how are the hydraulics for the loaders plumbed into the system? Photos would be very helpful.

I have used a bcs valiant and vithar on a tree nursery since 2002 &2004 respectively. 84hp and 90+ for the vithar.

As mentioned in this thread and warned by myself in other threads on here before, the linkage and PTO geometry are not compatible with many pieces of equipment. Both these tractors have air con cabs. Both have had implements smash back windows. PTO guards disintegrated due to sharp angles short length shaft size required.

The dashboards are floppy weak. The transmissions are very compact and get very hot between the legs.

The valient is hooked upto a damcon 50 tree lifter in the winter and rarely gets stuck. It will pull itself out belly deep mud and this is on single standard tyres not the flotations shown in some of the pictures here.

Stocks supplied duals for it for cultivation and planting works.

Lots of grunt in a narrow working width, we have had them tilted sideways to 45 degrees or more and never put one on its side. The problem is keeping seated!

Loving the duals. Thats big bcs is a beast!

Ours is a bcs invicturs 35hp.

Great for us as nice and narrow for footpath works mowing and in the woods with winch on,

I'd love a bigger alpine too as a bit more weight would be handy with the chipper on and for timber hauling.

Pics of ours chipping and hauling timber along side Face North Forestry's ferrari. They do get stuck sometimes :001_smile:

20140611_131316.jpg.d676f880ec63953a18f7c2111c2882eb.jpg

59766db16373c_photo1-1.jpg.eb3844b23bb6492f5a20399fb4c5cf16.jpg

IMG_20150709_091040341.jpg.59114bf40a6328507a683f4f886f0dee.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some cracking looking machines out there!

What does everyone do when running heavy implements on the back? We have just got a lateral flail mower which sits on the end of quite a long hydraulic linkage and leaves the front end a little light. Can't decide whether to run front weights, water in the tyres, wheel weights or put something like a winch on the front. Would probably be an electric winch used for self recovery and probably be as expensive and more useful than weights.

Would a large winch and mount be heavy enough?

Your thoughts are most welcome...

Edit-referring to the Goldoni pictures a few pages back!

Edited by AndyO