Alpine tractor talk

the village idiot

I had some experience with pasquali. It was around 100hp in a tiny little box it also had a cab on it. It was a bi directional machine which was rather neat but the linkage struggled to lift a 6' flail or at least a decent build quality one. Cab also smelled a bit of exhaust from time to time and it was quite loud. Also very cramped.

I think i'd rather a pivot steer one if i was doing skidding but i'd lean towards the front steering if i wanted to do a lot of trailer work. I've not done much trailer work with pivot but i could see it being a pain.

Would i buy my own 100hp Alpine - No i would not I don't think i'm gaining much over a 100hp farm tractor. Would i own a 50hp one - yes i probably would for small site work and slopes. Would still pack enough punch for flailing not to be painfully slow and pull a fair size wack.

Many years ago i came very close to buying a Holder A50. Was mint and had double drum Iglands on it. Dithered to long and it went. Shame.

[ATTACH]186141[/ATTACH][ATTACH]186142[/ATTACH][ATTACH]186143[/ATTACH]

Love these little machines. Ours is around 60hp, loader with fork, bucket or timber grab. Heavy flail, trailer or splitter. Great bit of kit

What does that weigh? how much will it lift?

Have a little Holder A15 used with a mulcher for forest paths and powers the palax log processor. Will also pull stems up hillsides where I cannot get in with the MB Trac and forwarder. Looking for a Holder A55 or A60 at the moment but there a bit like hens teeth to find.

My A60 will be up for sale very soon with double drum winch, logging blade and forestry guarding. There is one very similar for sale on eArborist at the moment but it looks a bit dear to me...

Here's our Goldoni euro 45. After ALOT of research this is what we ended up with. It has super wide floatation tyres which incidentally raise the ground clearance over normal wheel and tyre combos which is the Achilles heel of these machines. With valve guards, skid plate and articulated steering the tractor will keep going places long before the driver has bottled it. We can pretty much get this and our farmi winch anywhere you can carry a large size tirfor. Articulated steering and reversing trailers isn't that bad btw!

Apparently these were badged up in green and yellow and sold in the states as JD...

image.jpg.8a902a20cb534e0fc3edb567ebc36e2a.jpg

• Like 1

Here's our Goldoni euro 45. After ALOT of research this is what we ended up with. It has super wide floatation tyres which incidentally raise the ground clearance over normal wheel and tyre combos which is the Achilles heel of these machines. With valve guards, skid plate and articulated steering the tractor will keep going places long before the driver has bottled it. We can pretty much get this and our farmi winch anywhere you can carry a large size tirfor. Articulated steering and reversing trailers isn't that bad btw!

Apparently these were badged up in green and yellow and sold in the states as JD...

That looks like a real beauty!

Does the trailer need it's own engine though - can't the tractor run the crane from a spool?

I'd been let to believe that the alpine wasn't so well suited to fitting a loader due to the engine / weight / balance point being relatively forward in the machine. It seemed to make sense and played as a fairly significant 'negative' in my mind. Anyone with a loader on an alpine got personal experience to share on that?