Alpine tractor talk

the village idiot

I'd been let to believe that the alpine wasn't so well suited to fitting a loader due to the engine / weight / balance point being relatively forward in the machine. It seemed to make sense and played as a fairly significant 'negative' in my mind. Anyone with a loader on an alpine got personal experience to share on that?

We were told similar from one dealer and also that we could damage the machine. Other dealers were not so negative and we went ahead and put a loader on our normal steering one. We have our loader on the bonnet end and it does need something on the linkage as a counter weight to lift anything sensible. We work the machines hard sometimes on steep ground and using the loader has never been a problem, always seems stable and we have never broken anything on the machine. Having the loader on out machine has only been positive in my experience. Hope this helps

My A60 will be up for sale very soon with double drum winch, logging blade and forestry guarding. There is one very similar for sale on eArborist at the moment but it looks a bit dear to me...

The one on eArborist does look expensive when compared to whats available in Europe. With the euro exchange rate equipment is getting cheaper even including delivery.

Yes. Depends on how much weight you have on the back but will easily lift a cube bag of logs . It's thought that loaders put extra stress on the front axles but I've not heard of anyone with issues.

I think a forklift on the back is a handier tool especially if your alpine seat rotates.