tight coffee makers

jonno141

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone works at ours they get tea, coffee and bacon rolls or soup for lunch. Do unto others.....

Yesterday's job had a few "while you're here". But afternoon tea and home baking meant only too happy to oblige.

They asked if there was an extra charge. Said thanks for the cuppa and No. They added a tenner on for each of us anyway.

A good day.

A house that provides a good brew gets a much better tidy up, those that feed as well get spotless!

Found this also works when we have tradesmen round doing stuff at home.

Tried knocking on a dry house door once with a empty bottle and hinted with it and got pointed towards the neighbours outdoor tap..... The cheek!! Left those flower beds full of sawdust for sure!

i think theres a difference here, being offered a cup of tea and accepting is fair game, its on the customers terms, but wearing a t- shirt asking for it/sending a pre text or whatever else people do to goad a cuppa tea is rude, you are being payed by them to do a job not have them wait on you.

Anyway why not just bring a thermos- that way you can have it when you like it and how you like it- and theres no waiting around for ages whilst someone makes you a brew when really you just want to crack on and get back up the tree:lol:

i think theres a difference here, being offered a cup of tea and accepting is fair game, its on the customers terms, but wearing a t- shirt asking for it/sending a pre text or whatever else people do to goad a cuppa tea is rude, you are being payed by them to do a job not have them wait on you.

Anyway why not just bring a thermos- that way you can have it when you like it and how you like it- and theres no waiting around for ages whilst someone makes you a brew when really you just want to crack on and get back up the tree:lol:

The polo shirt 'yes please one sugar' is probably one of the best marketing ploys they never intended to play.

And today we saw the other side of the coin,the lady comes out and asks us what we'd like to drink,and when she did bring them to us,out of the blue came a lovely big plate full of home made hot scottish pancakes with butter and home made jam.

We occasionally get biscuits with our tea,but its been yonks since we've enjoyed this level of treatment.

Our appreciation to her knew no bounds.

Edited by oldwoodcutter

I can't stand people who don't offer drinks to the point where if you work at my house I'll cook breakfast and lunch, the whole lot. Ive also been known to offer tea to workers next door if the neighbours are out and cant make one. Not offering at all is pig ignorant in my book. As my Dear old Grandad would say "Manners maketh man"