Fings wot broke

aspenarb

Thats a bit of a sod just to change a UJ. Does not look like the easiest to get a grease gun too either :thumbdown: I see that we get our axle stands from the same supplier :thumbup1:

Bob

Its taken nearly 2 days to do that. Whats worse is the parts have now changed so I'm waiting on the new bits. There is no grease point on either end of the UJ. There is one on the shaft but the clearance is about the size of grease gun also it only lines up once in a blue moon with the sides.

Yea the giant lump of Alder axle stands available in many sizes and shapes and capacities. Even once its broken people still pay good money for them:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Idler roller bearings on tracked chipper!

That will keep you busy for a minute Chris :001_smile:

Repair to mowi trailer, (don't think it'll break again!😀) steering drawbar also now funtional😀

[ATTACH]190373[/ATTACH]

Thats a decent repair job Timbernut especially considering how it looked:thumbup1:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=190420&stc=1&d=1443124177

185684d1436371372-fings-wot-broke-imageuploadedbyarbtalk1436371370.562118.jpg.a18b26fe8296cb979309e10f62c3b2e9.jpg

The lads managed to knock the kill switch off the tracked TW,

image.jpg1_zpsvkt4bdfz.jpg

Picked up and fitted a replacement but could not get it going, with the new switch it was doing oddball things like starting while cranking and shutting off as soon as the key was released. I spent a few hours on it and phoned up TW who asked what the PT number of the switch was, I had apparently been given the wrong one, although identical to look at they had given me the kill switch off the roller controls which functions in a totally different way . The kill switch for the engine ends in a 1 and the kill switch for the rollers in a 6.

The wrong one next to the broken switch :thumbdown:

Bob

image.jpg2_zpsty8imh18.jpg

We were due to start an interesting job clearing some mature oaks off a dam that has sprung a leak.

I had brought in a forestry contractor to help with his big Ford winch tractor.

It had been sitting around for a while and the clutch wasn't working so he had to call a guy and split it.

Job will start Wednesday now hopefully, will provide pics, it should be Armageddon.

Sorry for the poor picture of the winch.

image.jpg.1e40332fae7bdc731bb7ddd05ac2825f.jpg