• UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sick and unemployed; didn't claim a penny; the state doesn't owe me, paid into or not.

So if your car is written off you wouldn't claim on your insurance that you paid for:confused1: can i be an insurance man please? you cant loose i would soon be a millionaire then i could Vote Tory:thumbup:

Unfortunately a great many people seam to have this modern attitude of "entitlement", they feel the world owes them a living, not sure were it comes from, but its becoming more and more common.

So if your car is written off you wouldn't claim on your insurance that you paid for:confused1: can i be an insurance man please? you cant loose i would soon be a millionaire then i could Vote Tory:thumbup:

Oh my word :sleep1:

:001_rolleyes::lol:

:thumbup1:

:thumbup1:

Precisely.

If people would take some responsibility for their own mental / physical health rather than blame everyone but themselves, hospitals would be empty, wouldn't need such a massive drain on the welfare state.

Seriously? Would you prefer a USA style health service? So if you break your leg you stoically soldier on with stiff upper lip rather than turn to what should be our proudest institution.

Exactly 👍 couldn't have said it better my self

Gentlemen,

Sommat to reflect on, from my very recent direct observation.

I popped into the local Health Centre, about a week ago, during our reasonably extended period of stupendously fine weather.

At first I thought it was a training day, the car park was 1/2 empty, and normally I have to the furthest reachs to get parked(if at all)

Went in, absolutly no queue,instant service, ordered the prescription and left.

Collected the script the next day at the usually queued out nearby Chemist.

Again the chemist's shop was empty, no queue, instant service.

The penny dropped!

The weather was too good to be sick!

Which begs the question, how sick are these people usually clagging up the NHS.

Answer, not very, or mostly psyscosomatic and simply looking for sympathy or attention.

If good weather is all is needed to make them well, they should not need to see a Dr. if the weather is inclement.

regards,

marcus

Edited by difflock

It's not about insurance for me it's about not wanting money back off the state. I want to and do provide for myself and my family.

I'm happy enough to pay my taxes and ni etc. I believe in the safety net. But I don't believe that you should rely on it for too long. It's about what can I do not what can't I do.

Work is out there if you want it enough.

it's about no being beholden (government )to someone else to provide for me.

Gentlemen,

Sommat to reflect on, from my very recent direct observation.

I popped into the local Health Centre, about a week ago, during our reasonably extended period of stupendously fine weather.

At first I thought it was a training day, the car park was 1/2 empty, and normally I have to the furthest reachs to get parked(if at all)

Went in, absolutly no queue,instant service, ordered the prescription and left.

Collected the script the next day at the usually queued out nearby Chemist.

Again the chemist's shop was empty, no queue, instant service.

The penny dropped!

The weather was too good to be sick!

Which begs the question, how sick are these people usually clagging up the NHS.

Answer, not very, or mostly psyscosomatic and simply looking for sympathy or attention.

If good weather is all is needed to make them well, they should not need to see a Dr. if the weather is inclement.

regards,

marcus

Was this to see a GP. If so had you pre booked the appointment?

I am not smug, just saying i have a clear Conscience as i didn't vote for a heartless party who inflict pain and suffering on the the poorest and most vulnerable people in our society what is "smug" about that?:thumbdown:

I suppose we must have missed the saints johnny two jags and teflon tony saving the poor and down trodden of our society then? Just before they sold off half the countries gold reserves and dropped the country into a recession.

Was this to see a GP. If so had you pre booked the appointment?

Ah!

Apologies, not to see the Dr., simply a fresh order (i.e. a repeat perscription) of morphine 'n other goodies for the Mrs.

An appointment could be 2 or 4 weeks.

But I, not unreasonably, suspect that I could have breezed straight into the Dr., since I cannot imagine his waiting room was any busier, pity I did not think to check.:lol: