My accident

sean

April 1st

Came off the Oxygen yesterday so am now breathing freely on my own once again. Another small achievement but a biggie in terms of my rehab. I also broke my personal records on the inhalation and exhalation machines so the blood clots are obviously being dispersed which is great news. Just got to wait for the infection to disappear and then I'm off! Unfortunately not off off as in out of here but it will enable me to finally get out of this bed and out of this room. Nearly 3 weeks now lying on my back.... It's driving me nuts.

I've still got my own penthouse suite (hardly) but it is starting to feel like home. Unfortunately/fortunately ( not quite sure which) once my infection goes I will be evicted and placed on a 8 person ward with the snorers and the borers. Will be nice to mix with people, to hear their stories about rehab etc but it is also a little daunting. I'm sure it will all be fine however and I've got good earphones for when I want my own space.

It's weird having physio on my legs. As the nurse pulls and stretches I look down at these two large legs, sometimes freaking out that I cannot actually feel them. It's a very odd sensation. At times I have to turn away as I find it quite disturbing to look at. I'm still talking to my feet and they still aren't bloody listening!

Starting to getting used to the 3 hour turns during the night. Feel shattered though as the longest period of sleep I've had in the last couple of weeks is.... Wait for it..... 3 hours! I literally wake, turn, and get back to sleep again. In what seems like minutes the Gestapo walk into the room, hit the lights and it's turning time again. Because they are on nights a couple of the nurses just stand there yapping to you as you desperately try to get back off to sleep. Even when feigning sleep they will be by your side telling me stuff I wouldn't be interested in at 11 o clock in the morning let alone 2.30am. One of them was talking about The Voice on TV and then about how her neighbour who was a composer used to keep her awake all the time with his piano playing. Having left me to sleep she came in half hour later and woke me up to inform me that actually her daughter got to the audition stage of The Voice! Of the irony, you couldn't make it up.

Really sunny today and I cannot wait to get out into the garden and look at the distant views, there's trees and everything. Really looking forward to getting my creative back in and taking photographs out there.

Right, bed bath time courtesy of my lovely lady Susi. She's here until Sunday again which makes life here so much easier to handle x

I would like to place on record however, despite my little tongue in cheek comments at times the nurses have been incredible! I cannot fault them, they truly are angels :001_smile:

Is one of them reading over your shoulder :001_tongue: I've only ever spent a couple of nights in hospital and I couldn't wait to get out and back home you have my sympathy. I rang my wife and said come and fetch me and she said " they have said you can go home haven't they ?" Good news on the breathing side, little victories and all that.

April 1st

Came off the Oxygen yesterday so am now breathing freely on my own once again. Another small achievement but a biggie in terms of my rehab. I also broke my personal records on the inhalation and exhalation machines so the blood clots are obviously being dispersed which is great news. Just got to wait for the infection to disappear and then I'm off! Unfortunately not off off as in out of here but it will enable me to finally get out of this bed and out of this room. Nearly 3 weeks now lying on my back.... It's driving me nuts.

I've still got my own penthouse suite (hardly) but it is starting to feel like home. Unfortunately/fortunately ( not quite sure which) once my infection goes I will be evicted and placed on a 8 person ward with the snorers and the borers. Will be nice to mix with people, to hear their stories about rehab etc but it is also a little daunting. I'm sure it will all be fine however and I've got good earphones for when I want my own space.

It's weird having physio on my legs. As the nurse pulls and stretches I look down at these two large legs, sometimes freaking out that I cannot actually feel them. It's a very odd sensation. At times I have to turn away as I find it quite disturbing to look at. I'm still talking to my feet and they still aren't bloody listening!

Starting to getting used to the 3 hour turns during the night. Feel shattered though as the longest period of sleep I've had in the last couple of weeks is.... Wait for it..... 3 hours! I literally wake, turn, and get back to sleep again. In what seems like minutes the Gestapo walk into the room, hit the lights and it's turning time again. Because they are on nights a couple of the nurses just stand there yapping to you as you desperately try to get back off to sleep. Even when feigning sleep they will be by your side telling me stuff I wouldn't be interested in at 11 o clock in the morning let alone 2.30am. One of them was talking about The Voice on TV and then about how her neighbour who was a composer used to keep her awake all the time with his piano playing. Having left me to sleep she came in half hour later and woke me up to inform me that actually her daughter got to the audition stage of The Voice! Of the irony, you couldn't make it up.

Really sunny today and I cannot wait to get out into the garden and look at the distant views, there's trees and everything. Really looking forward to getting my creative back in and taking photographs out there.

Right, bed bath time courtesy of my lovely lady Susi. She's here until Sunday again which makes life here so much easier to handle x

Sean,

Don't know you but I've been following your progress on this thread. Your positive attitude and outlook are very humbling to say the least. What an incredible example of strength in adversity you are..,,

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Timon and Lynne