Any idea how much usable wood is in these?

Woodworks

Leave well alone if your not use to cutting big hardwood that tree ain't goin to give you a second chance.

Good advice!!:thumbup1:

Who ever left those trees like that needs shooting!!:thumbdown:

I often just fell trees for people, but I always insist on leaving them in a safe manner, trunk on the ground and crown broken down.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the feller shouldn't have left them in that state even if we were asked to just fell we would leave in a safe manner. just keep nibbing away bit at a time

Totally agree , I would not be happy leaving like that for some one to sort out.

What ever the story behind them trees they should never of been left like that

Any body can fell a tree it's 3 cuts safely breaking them down once under compression or tension is a bit of an art. If you do it my advice would be always have a clear escape route.:001_smile:

Had a Beech in a similar situation. Rolled so fast an escape route wasn't much help.

As it rolled a long limb came over the trunk at great speed and just caught the cutters helmet knocking him out, the next limb over had a broken end and missed the unconscious cutter by inches and dug into the ground. Wouldn't have taken much for the unconscious cutter to have the jagged edge of a broken limb straight through his face. Game over!

You are a long time dead and all the logs in the world won't fetch you back. You might not have any other work that day, you might not be around the next.

Be careful.

trouble is,a tree like this nags at you until you take it on,even though your brain says leave it alone.

Id offer to take it away for free,and if it goes better than you think chuck the owner a token gift to show your genuine.

Firewood addiction is an evil affliction,let us know what you decide.

trouble is,a tree like this nags at you until you take it on,even though your brain says leave it alone.

Id offer to take it away for free,and if it goes better than you think chuck the owner a token gift to show your genuine.

Firewood addiction is an evil affliction,let us know what you decide.

No no no no I don't believe it you start offering money for trees like that and the land owner starts to think the forestry grown stuff is priceless.

Just like idiots paying high £40 for soft or high 50 for low grade hard.

It's starting to have an effect on us merchants with a fellow merchant reporting his supplier has stuck it up £10 a tonne. He buys 800 900 ton off him.

The guys using RHI to bolster there buying power are also not helping

No no no no I don't believe it you start offering money for trees like that..

It's starting to have an effect on us merchants with a fellow merchant reporting his supplier has stuck it up £10 a tonne...

Not to mention tree surgeons who get calls " how much will you pay me to fell my tree!"