• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But on closer inspection I would describe it as

Fit healthy normal sized volunteer, padded up for police training program,

hanging on for dear life!

Now show me a fat tree surgeon climber!

Ahh, surgeon? Now I'll struggle!

Let me be clear, I do not condone obesity, it can be helped (generally) with simple lifestyle changes, as can most things. Giving it a blue badge and saying it's ok, it doesn't matter will not help the person, educating them will. How many XXXL people do you see coming out of McDonalds with an XL big whopper with large fries and aside of onion rings, but it's ok cos they have a diet coke? This nation is becoming a joke, we are lucky we are still wealthy enough to afford them the support, they wouldn't get it in many other countries.

I have dealt with a serious condition, and the following consequences, and indeed sitting here now due to issues related to it, but I made huge changes in my lifestyle to get myself fit and well enough to get back to work and do a job I enjoy, it is always possible...with effort.

Sow a thought; Reap an action. Sow an action; reap a habit. Sow a habit; reap a character. Sow a character; reap a destiny.. (Steven Covey)

This is true, wether you are talking about drug addiction, alcoholism, eating disorders , or any destructive behaviour pattern.

When governments put the label of "illness" or "disability" on these behaviours and consequences they are removing responsibility from people.

When I was an addict ( I am not any more ) a doctor told me I was an addict because I was "ill" and had a "disability" thereby I was not responsible for my condition ( or the misery I inflicted on my family )

I didn't accept this. I knew that I WAS responsible for my own bad choices.

I chose a different destiny. Not a "disability" label.

What a commendable attitude you have mate, as well as Headgroundsman. And Josh!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

As head groundsman says, this is disgraceful, and deeply offensive to the genuinely disabled.

I lost my legs in a chipper accident, but then I changed what I ate and grew a new pair! FFS

No wonder so many people are voting UKIP, this is the kind of crap that pushes me in that direction.