EU court rules fatness now officially a disability

Wood wasp

Very offensive and downright ill informed thread this. Yeah there are fat lazy people. There are others who got hit by a drunk driver breaking 16 bones in their body and after 6 years not exactly able to walk. Peg tube fed and metabolism trashed; now "fat" as you call them.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: to the lot of you judgemental rakes.

There are obviously people with serious disabilities that are completely genuine. Obesity as a result of this is far more understandable, but is a result of a disability, not a disability in itself.

For the 95% of obese people who have no one but themselves to blame, it's not something that happens overnight and it's something you are entirely in control of. Even if you are limited to cheap and possibly unhealthy supermarket food, you could always eat less of it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very offensive and downright ill informed thread this. Yeah there are fat lazy people. There are others who got hit by a drunk driver breaking 16 bones in their body and after 6 years not exactly able to walk. Peg tube fed and metabolism trashed; now "fat" as you call them.

This "metabolism" business is a complete myth, the the obese actually have faster metabolisms then the slim.

Any one who thinks that they can beat physics and their body can become fat without over eating are kidding themselves.

How many fat people came out of Belsen saying "I've been living on a cup of rice a day and not lost a pound!" ???:sneaky2:

Ill informed or not there is a simple fact. Eat less and put less weight on. I have found it very hard to reduce my food intake to about 1/4 of what I ate before being paralysed below the chest but I have done just that. I just about manage to keep my weight under control. Loving food and liking the odd beer or two maybe part of the problem

There was an interesting program on radio 4 today, they have discovered that food that are high in fibre cause the bacteria in your gut to release an enzyme that reduces hunger, so healthy eating is a huge help.

It has also been shown that after eating large amounts of food and then shown more food, the obese prone show increased brain activity, where as the slimmer show no increased brain activity. So it is true that some find it harder to be moderate in their eating habits.

Whatever the ins and out of being a fatty and how you ended up that way it would seem this is another tranche of legislation to be adhered to by businesses with, of course, additional cost.

Head groundsman - I'm impressed by your dedication to keeping at the job and living life to the full after such a severe injury. Good luck for the future

.. Nice picture Mull!