EU court rules fatness now officially a disability

Wood wasp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So fat people, who need exercise, will be given a blue badge, so they can park NEARER macdonalds or wherever their feeding trough is, walking (exercising) EVEN LESS????

Yeah thats a good f idea :hmmmm2::001_rolleyes:

Narrower doors at fast food joints, and scales at the tills that show different menus according to weight would be better :thumbup:

So fat people, who need exercise, will be given a blue badge, so they can park NEARER macdonalds or wherever their feeding trough is, walking (exercising) EVEN LESS????

Yeah thats a good f idea :hmmmm2::001_rolleyes:

Narrower doors at fast food joints, and scales at the tills that show different menus according to weight would be better :thumbup:

Haha pc as ever josh :thumbup:

And give them food banks and they'll be able to afford to get an iPhone, have sky and the biggest latest TV systems. The root of the problem is this country is idleness, so long as someone else does everything for them they won't have too. My friends wife sorts food banks locally, and what a joke it's become!! They even pick and choose what they want, and complain if they only like a certain brand. This country is going backwards fast, and it's not the migrant workers causing this, it's the pathetic British people who can't help themselves get off their own backsides. No wonder we're a joke in the rest of the world. If a tubby Tubster wants to make a recovery, they are quite able, eat less, work harder and watch the pounds fall away, or if it's really bad, have a gastric band fitted. I have no time nor sympathy for the obese, or the idle.

Very well said :thumbup1:

I can't tell you how much today's ruling has wound me up (the rest of this post might be quite hard to complete without profuse profanity! :laugh1:).

If you are fat, it is almost always your own fault. You either eat too much or don't move enough. It's a very simple equation - energy in and energy out. You only gain weight if there is an imbalance and fixing that imbalance is very easy. You either eat more/less or move more/less.

I usually get a little bit tubbier over summer (though those of you who have met me will confirm I am a string bean). The reason for this is that I struggle to work very hard in heat, so shift my work load to the cooler months. So I move less, eat a bit less, but gain a few pounds. Come winter, work steps up a few gears and I get shredded (to use a bodybuilder term) again.

Arghh! What the hell is wrong with people in this bloody country? When will they start to take responsibility for their own actions? :thumbdown:

Our ARB business is set up to help addicts turn their lives around....

Our "recovery" programme is free to enter but residents must work a realistic working week in one of our charitable businesses to fund their own recovery... Gaining work skills and more importantly a work ethic.

Only the very broken and desperate seem to grasp the opportunity..

Why??? Because we've created a national culture of "helplessness"

Habitual criminals and drug addicts are labeled "vulnerable adults" and no one is allowed to challenge them because they are "vulnerable" and it infringes their human rights (believe me, when I was a junkie I was anything BUT vulnerable, I was a menace.) So we pension them of with state sponsored methadone prescriptions, free flats and £280 per week disability living allowance... Tell them that they are sick or disabled with no hope and then create an industry around it...No wonder so few seek real change for their lives...... Why should they.?????

And it sounds like you've earned the right that opinion! Good on you, respect :thumbup1:

As a person with an acquired disability I can get very upset at times like this. I broke my back when I lost control of my landrover and rolled it. Did this mean I could not work? Well thanks to access to work I had a hoist fitted to the side of a Kubota tractor and had a device which towed my wheelchair around the 100 acre grounds at the hotel where I worked. I looked after the deer herd, the veg garden, formal gardens, woodland and managed a team of 3. If obesity is now a disability then maybe these people would need a stronger hoist and a reinforced wheelchair to get to work? or a change in attitude. it is not the body that is disabled but the mind. I choose to keep my weight down, to save my worn shoulders when pushing my wheelchair or lifting in and out of the car. I have now chosen to work part time as an adviser for people with spinal injury. this means I earn less, but doesn't mean I claim any benefits. Come on Britain it is time to say it how it is and please don't use up all the blue badge spaces, I really do need the extra room to get my wheelchair out through the driver's door

As a person with an acquired disability I can get very upset at times like this. I broke my back when I lost control of my landrover and rolled it. Did this mean I could not work? Well thanks to access to work I had a hoist fitted to the side of a Kubota tractor and had a device which towed my wheelchair around the 100 acre grounds at the hotel where I worked. I looked after the deer herd, the veg garden, formal gardens, woodland and managed a team of 3. If obesity is now a disability then maybe these people would need a stronger hoist and a reinforced wheelchair to get to work? or a change in attitude. it is not the body that is disabled but the mind. I choose to keep my weight down, to save my worn shoulders when pushing my wheelchair or lifting in and out of the car. I have now chosen to work part time as an adviser for people with spinal injury. this means I earn less, but doesn't mean I claim any benefits. Come on Britain it is time to say it how it is and please don't use up all the blue badge spaces, I really do need the extra room to get my wheelchair out through the driver's door

Very bad luck about the back, but an inspirational attitude to life.

How many people claiming disability benefits are putting it on and how many even with an injury have not bothered to try and help themselves in the way that Headgroundsman has done. If you remove the self inflicted overeating diabetes/heart/lack of fitness/bad diet/badTV back/too much central heating I would not be surprised to find a figure of over 90%.

Very offensive and downright ill informed thread this. Yeah there are fat lazy people. There are others who got hit by a drunk driver breaking 16 bones in their body and after 6 years not exactly able to walk. Peg tube fed and metabolism trashed; now "fat" as you call them.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: to the lot of you judgemental rakes.